Chapter 18: A Belt of Knives

✧Misma POV✧

"So she wants to meet me in her house, somewhere in a forest in the mountains?"
"Yes."
"And you are not joining me?" I once again asked Amren who shook her head at me. Her lips were pressed in a thin line, her short black hair shifting with the shake of her head.
"No," she said, "she explicitly stated that she does not want to have me anywhere near her house. So you will be going alone."

"Then I come with you," Mor, who had also arrived in the mean time, cut in.
"No. Either me, Cassian or Azriel will go with her," Rhysand said .
"I can also go alone. No one has to come with me."

"You are not going into the Illyrian mountains all alone!" Rhysand once again said, the rumble of his voice and the power stretching out leaving no room for protest. 

"I'm joining Misma," Azriel offered, stepping forward and bracing his hands on the table. His face was once again laced in cool indifference, the shadows tightly curling around his shoulders. Rhysand gave him a short nod before turning towards Amren. "Is she truly that...mad? What do they have to expect?" 

"She is is completely out of her mind but she is really looking forward to meet Misma so I believe she will try to act normal as long as they are there. I would not go unarmed though," Amren stated, rubbing her chin with her hand. "Good, that we trained you a bit, huh?" Cassian chuckled and earned himself a glare from Azriel. I looked around they all had thoughtful and worried expressions on their faces. "I will be fine. We will be fine. Don't look so worried, it is going to be fine." I smiled and Feyre huffed a laugh. "I mean it. What can she possibly do?" I stated and Rhysand shrugged.

"She lives very far up in the mountains, so you will have to stay over night. There is an inn some miles before you reach her house. I would suggest you stay there for the night and then try to find her the following day when then sun starts to rise." I nodded and so did Azriel. Amren put a map on the table and ran her fingers over it. She bent over the table and pulled a pen out of her pocket. She drew a cross on the map, in the middle of a forest and tapped her finger on the cross. "That's where she lives. She is nearly deaf so you will have to knock many times." Again nodding, Azriel grabbed the map.

Mor returned with a bag she handed to Azriel, a pile of blankets and a small basket with bottles in it. Azriel stuffed the map into it as well. "Blankets if you end up in the forest and potions in this tiny basket if something happens, if you get hurt or so," she told me, handing me the small basket. How thoughtful. I handed the basket over to Azriel and he also stuffed it into the bag, that Mor had previously packed. "Drinks and something to eat is also in the bag already, try to arrive at the inn before the sun sets. You don't want to face what is out there," Rhysand said, putting his hands in his pockets and leaning onto the table. "What is out there?" I quickly asked and Cassian barred his teeth at me. "Bad creatures," he chuckled and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Great." My stomach coiled and twisted.

"Get dressed, get ready and we will meet here for your departure in twenty minutes!" Rhysand ordered and I nodded. I went to the Library followed closely by Gwyn. I put on some leather leggings, a shirt and a thin jacket over it. I braided my hair and put on some boots. "Please, promise me to be careful?" the priestess whined. 
"Promised," I said and quickly squeezed her wrist.

"Just you and Azriel somewhere up in the woods alone, kind of romantic, huh?" she snickered and I shook my head at the red haired female. "Very romantic. Especially considering the crazy old lady and the bad creatures that might want to kill us." We both laughed at that.

We left the Library and made our way back up to the House of Wind.

"...reminds me slightly of Rhys and Feyre's trip to the inn," Cassian laughed, a smirk on his lips when we entered the room. "Shut up, Cassian." Feyre and the others laughed but immediately stopped when they spotted us.