Chapter 20: Crazy Ancient Lady

✧Misma POV✧

Mate? Tell me, am I you mate? Or not?

These thoughts had haunted me the whole night until I had finally fallen asleep ,but just a few hours later I was fully awake again. The shadowsinger's arm was tightly wrapped around me and I felt him breathe against the back of my neck. Shadows gently brushed up and down my arms and legs. It tickled slightly.
I wiggled a bit, so that I could turn towards Azriel. And then I just lay there looking at him, his face, his hair, his chest, his tattoo. 

He truly was the most beautiful male I had ever seen.

I slowly let my fingers travel along his hairline, pushing a few strands of hair out of his face. The spymaster's eyes slowly opened when a faint smile bloomed on his face.

"Have you been awake for long already?" he asked with a hoarse morning voice. My toes curled on their own accord and a kernel of bliss bloomed in my chest. I grinned at him and shook my head slowly. Azriel leaned in, his mouth mere inches from mine. His lips curled against mine and  placed a kiss to the corner of my mouth. "Turn around again. Let's sleep for a bit longer," he mumbled, already pulling me closer to him.

"No. I really need to go to the loo. Please. I'll be right back."
"Ugh, fine. If you are not back within a minute I am going to be mad," he said and I chuckled, rolling off the bed and walking towards the tiny door.

"One minute!" he shouted after me and I chuckled again.

Once I was done, I also brushed my teeth and washed my face and I made my way back.

"That was not one minute," Azriel grunted while I lay down in bed again, immediately being wrapped into his strong arms while he pressed me against him. "Sorry," I chuckled and he also let a small laugh escape his lips. Now we were lying there again, my back against his chest, me not being tired at all anymore, but just enjoying his company, his warmth, his arm around me, his soft breath on my neck

I took in his scent and pulled his arm closer to me. His breath softly tickled my neck when I felt him place another kiss there.

 ∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

After several more attempts to get up we were finally ready to leave for Brythel. He once again kneeled in front of me and helped me put on the belt with knives.

"Don't enjoy this so much. Me kneeling in front of you," he laughed and my cheeks heated up.

"A sight for sore eyes!" I chuckled, chewing on the nail of my thumb and he looked up at me, smirking and bracing his hands on my thighs.

Before we left he quickly pecked my lips again, smiling faintly. We started walking through the forest. Walking was smarter, as it was easier from here to find Brythel.

"So, Light Summoner, are you afraid?" he asked, some emotion I could not quite place lacing his features.

I shook my head. I really wasn't. "How bad can she be, right? She is probably just an old confused lady with trauma!" I stated, sternly and looking into the distance. "I hope so!"

We walked for I have no idea how long, passed rivers, birds were tweeting and the sun was already shining brightly. I looked around in awe, this part of the forest was so much more beautiful than this awful inn.

"There. I think it is there!" I happily expressed, looking up from the map, pointing forward, looking at the map and up again.

Azriel nodded, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the door, branches amd leaves crumbling under our feet.