1

"Dad I told you-"

"For god's sake Seokjin, stop talking."

Seokjin stared at his father with angry tears in his eyes. "I know why you're doing this!"

Mr Kim rolled his eyes as he took a bite of biscuit with his tea. " Why am I doing this?"

"Because you want me to give up my company to that jerk Kim Taehyung, this asshole you are trying to marry me off to! Because you think my company can make greater profits under his charge. Well let me tell you dad, if you insist on this marriage, I will marry him but I will make sure not a coin of the profits earned by my company goes in this asshole's pockets."

"Jin, honey, don't talk to your father like that!"

"Stop calling me honey! And I will talk to him just as I want to." Seokjin glared at his mother. His eyes went back to his father, still sipping tea with nonchalance.

"Father!"

Mr Kim raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Whatever crap you're saying about marrying me for my own benefit and how it's going to be a life changer and stuff like that-just drop it. I know what's going in your mind, I know what your real intentions are. And I know what the benefits are really for."

"Seokjin you are allowed to think what you want. I don't care. But you shall know we are doing the right thing in the end."

Seokjin took a step forward and spat on the floor in front of his father. "I hate you!"

"Did you just spit on your father?" Mr Kim's eyes darken.

"Yes!"

Seokjin walks out the room and bangs the door hard.

He can hear his dad saying to his mum "Honestly, we should just have decided to marry him off to that Jeon Jungkook, the one who asked for his hand. CEO of Jeon Corp. He has no idea how lucky he is, Seokjin, this little brat."

Seokjin walks into his room. His room is different from all others in his parents' house. While the other rooms in the house are all decorated and furnished traditionally, his room is modern with all the latest technology. Huge sized LED TV. A sofa with a massager. A plush black couch that rolls out when you put your feet on it and can be used as an additional sleeping space. A large king-sized bed with silk pillows and a printed design, which is sort of weird. Laptop, desktop, playstation. They're all there. He barely uses the playstation, but he won't let his parents take it away or sell it. He's attached to the playstation.

He slams the door behind him and makes his cat, Pheebs, jump and curl up in the couch in fear. He ignores her and walks to the table, picking up his phone. He rings his trusty friend, Jimin.

After two rings, the phone is picked up and a voice speaks at the other end. 'Park Jimin here.'

'It's me, Jin.'

'Oh, Jin!' The voice changes instantly to one of delight. 'Why did you change your number?'

'I'm a businessman, Jimin. And a highly successful one. I need to keep changing my numbers.'

There is a silence at the other end and then Jimin says, 'did someone prick your ego yet again?'

'What?'

'Nothing, forget it. What's up?'

'My dad wants me to get married to Kim Taehyung.'

A pause. And then a whistle. 'Woah. That's sweet. What are you going to do?'

'Marry him, of course.'

Jimin sounds surprised. 'Seokjin? This is not like you. I thought you would put up a good fight.'

Seokjin sighs deeply. 'I tried. My parents aren't listening. As much as I want to, I cannot disobey them. My company is in their hands. It was made with my father's money, even though I can easily repay the money with the profits I've earned.'

'And you're going to marry and throw away your company-and your freedom-just because your parents want you to?'

'Oh, I do plan to marry,' Seokjin's voice drops a little as he glances at the closed door. 'But of throwing away my company I do not have the slightest intention.'

'So, what are you planning?'

'I will marry Kim Taehyung. But for my own reasons. I will teach him a lesson. And I will teach him what it is like to mess with a guy like me.'

Told you this was going to be cliche and horrible.