21

Jin

For the ten seconds and a half that we kiss, I feel like I'm in heaven.

Taehyung's lips are soft and plush against mine. They press against my own, soft yet demanding, gentle yet firm. He bites lightly on my lower lip, and I let out a soft whine as I press myself more against him. His large hands around my waist hold me up, make me feel like I'm flying with him in the air and there's nobody else around us.

And then, my senses kick in, and I pull away.

'Oh. God. Taehyung - I'm so sorry.'

He only stares back at me, his face slightly crimson, his cheeks flushed. He was clearly just as involved in the kiss as I was. And he clearly regrets it.

'Oh, yes. I'm - I'm sorry as well. I don't know what came over me.'

We just stand there in dreadful silence. I side-glance at Taehyung. He scratches his head, fidgeting, jamming his hands into his pockets and running them through his hair the next. I wonder if he's thinking about his girlfriend. Well, he needn't worry. His lips aren't that swollen, anyway.

Well, he definitely does love her. I can see that in the guilty expression on his face, in the way his entire face is a bright shade of pink and the sweat has begun accumulating on his forehead. Unable to think of anything else to do, I sit back down at the dinner table.

He doesn't sit down with me, much to my relief. He only hovers uncertainly at the head of the table for a few moments, then huffs loudly as he lifts his feet and walks away, head held high and boots clicking on the ground.

I gaze down at my plate, feeling ashamed. I shouldn't have done that. That was wrong, so horribly wrong.

No, it wasn't. He's your husband, Jin. You have every right to kiss your husband.

But neither of us like each other.

Well, what's this fuzzy warm feeling in your head and your chest, then? Why do you feel dizzy all over? Why are your lips tingling where he bit them? Why are you blushing like crazy, remembering the feeling of his hands round your waist?

He's still a cheat.

The other voice shuts up.

I'm not in love with him.

Or maybe I am in love with him, but he's still in love with someone else.

And as long as he's a cheat, I cannot, and I will not, ever love him.

I am restless the whole night.

Morning comes early, too early for my liking. I come downstairs quietly, hoping against hope that Taehyung isn't there. As a matter of fact, (just my luck), he is. He's apparently chosen the exact same time to come down. As soon as I see him I have half the mind to turn and run back upstairs, but then his eyes meet mine and I know I can't back out.

I clear my throat awkwardly, walking over to the dining table and picking up an apple to nibble on. It's a Sunday, which means neither of us have work. Ordinarily, I'd spend such a day out with Jimin or one of my other friends, or shut myself up in my room with a cup of coffee and a good Wattpad book. But Jimin isn't talking to me much these days, and I just exhausted my phone's battery by googling up stuff about 'how to calm down after an unexpected kiss' all night.

Ugh, Jin. Looks like you're just going to have to suck it up and sit through the entire morning with a guy you just kissed last night.

If I don't really like him, why is my heart beating like crazy and why is my throat so unbelievably dry as I take a seat on the opposite sofa, busying myself in pretending to read the newspaper?