2

Seokjin eyed the man in front of him carefully.

Kim Taehyung was turning out to be a lot different than he had thought.

He seemed much more better-looking, than the pics he had found on the net. The pics were grainy and ill-shot. This man, standing in front of him, was the real thing.

And he didn't seem the least bit interested in Seokjin.

For Seokjin, this was a new thing. He was used to people gawping at him wherever he went. Ask his name. Ask for photos.

All Taehyung had done when he had seen Seokjin come down the aisle holding onto his father's arm and smiling a huge, fake smile, was raise his head a little higher and stiffly stand to attention. 

Seokjin had to agree, the man was sexy. He had seen a lot of good looking men who had come to ask for his hand before, but Taehyung was something else. Standing there opposite him in his black Gucci suit with perfectly cut sleeves, with a strong-jawed, sharply-lined face with a hardly visible mole near his lower lip and dark brown eyes, deep voice, he was unlike someone Jin had ever seen or imagined.

'Do you, Kim Seokjin, take Kim Taehyung to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until you are parted by death?'

Seokjin clenches his teeth, forces his lips into a smile as he answers, looking directly at his soon to be husband. 'I do.'

The priest repeats the question for Kim Taehyung, who lifts his face and looks back at Seokjin, his eyes devoid of emotion as he answers in his deep voice, 'I do.'

'You may now kiss.'

Seokjin closes his eyes as he braces for the kiss.

He waits a long time, it seems. He can feel Taehyung lean forward and his cinnamon perfume invades Seokjin's nose. He breathes in. He loves the smell of cinnamon.

Then he feels the lips. Not against his own, but his cheek. They are strong and light at the same time as they leave a moist imprint on Seokjin's cheek.

The assembled people gasp in surprise and begin clapping. They all know it is an arranged marriage.

Seokjin opens his eyes, looking at Taehyung with barely concealed astonishment.

He cannot believe a man gave up the chance to kiss, his, Seokjin's, lips.

Taehyung does not look at him.

The ride home is silent. They have clicked photos and said adieu to Seokjin's family. Seokjin was quiet, mostly. He did not glare or say anything to his mother or father. He did not even cry. For his plan to work he must exercise perfect composure.

He should be able to convince everyone that he is happy to be married to Kim Taehyung, the CEO of Kim Enterprises, the rich famous guy whose name and pictures make it regularly in the newspapers.

He should be able to convince them that he is going to be a dutiful and wonderful husband.

Little do they know what he has in mind.

Seokjin turns his head to look at his impassive husband who sits a few inches away with his face away, looking out the window.

He says, 'Are you going to say something?'

'What would you like me to say?' The deep voice makes something stir inside him.

It is funny and creepy, but it's definitely there.

'I'm married. I'm your husband. Shouldn't you be able to think of something to say?'

'I have nothing to say to you.'

'Weren't you the one who wanted to marry me?'

To Jin's surprise, Taehyung actually looks at him while answering. 'No.'

'What?'

'My parents forced me into this marriage. They wanted to strengthen my company's bond with yours. I never did.'

Taehyung's eyes are cold and dark.

'I see,' Seokjin is slightly shaken but doesn't show it. His mind races to formulate a new plan, discarding the old one.

'Still, we are husbands now. Shouldn't you at least make the effort to be friendly?'

'Sure, if that's what you desire.'

He turns his face back to the window. The rest of the ride is completed in yet another silence.

For the first time in his life, Seokjin is genuinely confused.