22

Jin 

It's been an hour since Kim Jisoo stepped foot inside our house, and ever since then I have been thrown into complete chaos.

Ian Malcolm would have been proud of me.

'So, Seokjin, tell me,' Jisoo eagerly asks, taking my hands in hers, 'how is my cupcake treating you? Of course he's treating you well. If he wouldn't I would have whooped his ass. But you might as well answer since I've asked you, even though both you and me know the answer, don't we? You've been treating him well, cupcake?' She says the last word almost threateningly rather than endearingly, looking at Taehyung, who's seated on the opposite couch, legs crossed over each other and looking remarkably disgruntled.

'I don't know.' Taehyung doesn't meet either her eyes or mine. 'Why don't you ask him?'

'Don't talk to me like that,' Jisoo snaps.

'I'm your big brother,' Taehyung shouts, glaring back. 'I can talk to you however I like.'

'You're such a jerk,' Jisoo says, glowering. 'I wish Jin was my brother, he would have been much nicer to me.'

'Well, why don't you make him yours, then!' Taehyung says, and shoves his hands into his pockets as he gets up and walks off.

Jisoo huffs loudly and turns back to me, smiling sweetly. 'Don't mind him. He's only like that sometimes. Otherwise he's a darling, as you probably know.'

Oh, you have no idea what I know.

'So, tell me,' Jisoo chirrups. 'How's Taehyung treating you? I mean, not 'treating' you, you seem pretty capable of taking care of yourself if he didn't, but does he love you and all? I mean, he'd be crazy if he didn't fall in love with you yet. You guys got forced into the marriage, I know, and that's dreadful and all, but honestly, I'm jealous of my big bro, a lot. I wouldn't be jealous of you, of course, because I'd pity anyone who's saddled with my big bro for life, but he's not that bad, so I hope you're doing good.'

I haven't ever met a brother-sister pair that are so poles apart. Taehyung is cold and reserved, his sister, meanwhile, talks a million miles a minute and shows no signs of stopping.

But at the same time, she's quite adorable. And I can't really say the same for my husband.

'Yep, we're doing good.' I force myself to speak to avoid suspicion. 'We're holding up very well, thank you.'

'You're so formal, geez,' Jisoo clicks her tongue. 'I'm your sister-in-law, you got to open up a bit to me.' She suddenly leans forward, her voice dropping to a whisper. 'So, did you two...you know...have it yet?' 

'Jisoo!' Taehyung growls from where he stands by the dinner table, drinking a glass of water with ferocious intensity.

'You don't have to listen in if you don't want to, you know,' Jisoo tells him. 'Okay, fine. That was a bit too much, I guess. Have you two at least kissed each other yet? And by that I meant a proper kiss. I saw you kiss on the wedding day, but you didn't even do it on the lips, you pricks.'

'Jisoo!'

'Fine, you were the prick. I bet Seokjin here was just shy.' She giggles at me, her face breaking into pretty little dimples as she laughs. 'Seriously, Seokjin, you're so beautiful. I can't believe why anyone wouldn't fall in love with you.'

'Jisoo, don't you think you can have this conversation some time and some place else?'

'What are you being so hot-headed for?' A strange look flitted over Ji-soo's face as she looked between me and Taehyung. 'You guys...you haven't been fighting each other, have you?'