One Step Closer

Every eyes stared at you. Did you put too much make up? Or did you ruin your lipstick because of the kiss earlier?

But Jungkook will tell you if it was the case.
Everybody just stared weirdly.

Alea wasn't in her seat when you walk passed her table. In fact she was sitting on your chair. Sipping her coffee as she stared into the flat screen in front of her.

"Mind explain why are you in my office?"
She looked genuinely surprised to see you here, "What's happening?"

"Ceo said you won't be able to come back to work so i fill your place." That's why everyone was staring at you. Because they thought you shouldn't be here anymore.

"I'll talk to him." Alea didn't seem happy. If you came back she will have to sit back to her table. She just enjoyed this seat two days. She just done decorating her table.

Taehyung was standing in front of massive window in his office. Looking down at the crowd. He heard a knock so he turned his head to the door.

"I'm not resigning." You said as soon as he turned his head, "Or you just decide to fire me? I took two day absent."

"He let you work?" As if it needed to be questioned.
"Why he wouldn't let me?" Taehyung chuckled, he signed you to take a seat.

"You are pregnant." He knew? "It surprised me he didn't take over the control of your life yet. He seems that kind of type." He probably didn't know Jungkook that well. Taehyung asked if you wanted to drink something and asked his secretary to give you juice.

"What type? Considerate?" You sneered.
"He is. Since the very first beginning." His heart was filled with regret, everytime he saw you. It reflected his mistakes.

"What do you mean?"
"I just know.. He didn't have to marry you, Y/n.. My dad will give him that project. He could do anything to get rid of you."

"I don't understand..." Did it mean he choose to marry you himself?

"My dad knows your family. He knew they were bankrupt. That's why he didn't want me to involve with you any longer." What was so great about Jeon Jungkook? Why he always thought bad of him and ended up adore his power, how he saw things differently, "That bastard..."

"Was this true?" Why?
"I can't protect you back then. I'm not capable to do things like Jungkook. You are right he is considerate.. I can't stop thinking why he decided to marry you.." He could snaps his finger, you and your family will be gone in a second. But he didn't..

He married you instead. He helped you to deal with your family. He paid their debt. And more.. but why? "He probably in love with you, nerds.. I thought he is gay the whole time." Taehyung chuckled.

His eyes framed your figure again. This woman truly made his world upside down. She had no idea, "Do you still want to work? Alea already-"

"No need. I'll send my resignation letter." You weren't work for long, not even a month.
"No, don't bother. I'll talk to the HR." He waved his hand as if it wasn't big deal.

"You have to pay Alea to spy on me anyway."

"Yeah.." He didn't deny it.
"Thank you Taehyung..." For everything.
"If you have second thoughts i will buy an island. We could live there, only two of us."
He winked at you.

"I will stay..." He nodded, as he expected.
"I hope i treat you well when we were together.." Taehyung opened his drawer and pulled out a jewelry box. It was the ring he brought when he was about to propose you, "This belong to you.. i think you should have it.." He pushed the box in front of you, "Consider it as wedding gift from me."