1

Third Person's POV

The boys of the Karasuno high school volleyball team were now nearing the end of practice when a certain energetic libero approached his 3rd year teammates.

"Hey Daichi, Suga. Have you guys noticed anything..uh..off about Ryuu lately?"

The other two took the chance to look over to where the aforementioned boy was standing. His expression was troubled and he'd been clearly off his game all week.

"We know what you mean, Noya, but we haven't exactly found a subtle way to approach him about it. You know how closed off he is about personal problems."

This was a true and known fact about Tanaka Ryuunosuke. He had a habit of always placing his own problems so far behind that no one ever really remembers he had any. Always willing to sacrifice his own happiness and comfort in order to help someone who asked for his help.

"You think its a home problem? Maybe it's Saeko-"

"No way. Saeko-nee is way too cool to do anything bad to Ryuu. She loves the guy way too much!" Noya quickly jumped in to defend the girl whom he'd come to know and see as his own sister.

"Then maybe his parents? You know they're hardly ever around. Maybe he recently heard from them and its that they'll be gone longer?"

That seemed to convince the others. Everyone knew that the Tanaka siblings lived together on their own most of the time due to their parents having jobs that took them away from the house from months to years. It would clearly explain whatever the heck had the usually energetic and rowdy 2nd year in such a slump the entire week.

"Maybe we can try to cheer him up or something?" The others agreed and subtly called over the other members, though the sneakiness wasn't necessary as Tanaka seemed too far into his thoughts to realise their huddle.

"Alright everyone. I think we've all noticed that Tanaka hasn't been his usual self for the past week or so am I right?" Affirmative nods all around.

"I was walking from the bathroom the other day and when I looked out the window, he was outside sitting under a tree staring sadly at his phone. I've never seen him so sad, ever!" Kageyama pitched in.

"We think it could be that he got a call from his parents. Though we can't be sure about that, let's try our best to lift his spirits alright? Report if things go bad."

"Right!" Even the usually uncaring string bean Tsukkishima couldn't help but agree to the plan, not used to seeing his senior so down. It quite frankly worried him. though he would never admit it out loud.

"Hey Ryuu! Practice is over dude. We're gonna hit the store for some Melonpan!" Noya rushed over to where the teen had been standing, staring absentmindedly at his phone.

"Huh? Oh uh yeah sure let's go dude." His voice didn't have its usual level of pep, or any pep at all for that matter. The other teammates shared uneasy glances but none of them spoke up about the boy's strange behaviour.

They made it to the convenience store owned by their coach, Ukai-san, without any problems. This was weird because usually the school proclaimed delinquent would have pulled a face and scared a random stranger by now. Things were certainly weird today and the other members were determined to get some answers tomorrow.