16

Fukurodani Academy's 3rd years were now ready to receive their results for their National Placement Exams, meaning our main character was absolutely ready to spend the next two months with her significant other. Having no doubts that she'd pass without problems, she focused her attention on planning what to do with her lover.

'Maybe I can bring him to Tokyo to spend a few days? Maybe another country. y parents wouldn't mind and if Saeko is worried she can come too. It'd be so fun.' Just then, a hand landed on her shoulder, spinning her around to face a sight she absolutely detested.

"Hello Y/n."

"Sigh... what do you want now Erica? Didn't have enough embarrassment after the game last week?" The blonde flinched, though she quickly covered it as just a shift in stance, her mischievous smirk coming back.

"You might've had a little laugh with your little friends last week, L/n, but watch your back. I've got everything I need to make your life a living hell."

"What is your problem with me and my family? I'm SO sorry my parents were better at something than yours, so much so that it cost you you r'#1 Title' but that's something I can't control! I cannot understand why you insist on being this bratty entitled princess all the time. Do you just get a sick kick out of watching people suffer?"

The scowl on her face could have probably rendered Y/n dead if looks could kill but she refused to back down, done with her bitchy attitude.

"How dare you speak to me that way!? Who do you think you are?"

"I'm someone with human fucking decency, something you should really learn." Her face went red from anger.

"Count your days L/n. By the end of the month, I'll make sure you and your entire family are ruined to nothing. Hope you had fun at your little party. It'll be your last." And with that, she and her possie walked away leaving a seething Y/n to her thoughts.

'How did she... there's no way she could have snuck into my house....right? Fuck she wouldn't even have to since so many people were there. Security probably just let anyone in at that point. Damn you Kuroo!'

Somewhere at Nekoma High, a certain rooster haired male sneezed loudly in the middle of practice.

"Are you getting sick dude?" Kenma looked up from his device, backing away from his friend with a face of utter disgust.

"Nah someone's just thinking about me."

"Yeah right. Don't touch me. I don't want you germs."

"Kyanmaaaa you're so mean!"

Back with Y/n, our main protagonist is now on her way to view the scoreboard with the exam results. Many other 3rd years were already crowding the area as everyone's anxiety skyrocketed. Murmurs of sadness and exclamations of joy rang out, a few tears were shed even.

"Excuse me...Can I get through lease....Pardon me." She gently pushed a few people aside in order to move closer to the front. No one really complained as everyone was excited and or nervous. Finally, she scanned the board for her name which didn't take long. Her eyes landed at the 10th slot and scrolled up, finding her name at....2nd.

Strange. No one usually topped her scores in exams but this was fine. 2nd out of thousands of students was absolutely fi- wait a minute. Looking closely at the scores next to each name, she saw something peculiar. 1st place gained a 100% but weirdly enough, so had she. So why was she placed 2nd?

Wanting answers, she immediately made her way to the Principal's office, the secretary letting her in.

"Ah good morning Ms. L/n. How can I assist you today?"

"Good morning Principal Joon. I'm here to query the exam results."

"And what seems to be the problem."

"You see sir, I placed 2nd in the exam which, mind you, isn't at all what concerns me. However, I noticed that the person in first has the same mark as me which is a 100%. Why aren't we both at 1st then?"

"Ah... you see Ms. L/n. Our school is a bit famous for our athletes as you know. In cases like these, we tend to put things in a way that showcases those athletes. Yes, you and Mr. Fushikama both earned full marks in the exam, however, Mr. Fushikama is our star player in soccer."

"So you're showing favoritism for students with both academic and athletic capabilities is what you're saying then." She crossed her arms, leaning onto one leg with an unimpressed look."

"Yes exact- wait NO. Ms. L/n we-"

"Sorry to interrupt you sir, but I've heard enough. I can only imagine how many students without athletics have been ranked lower due to the school's selfish desire of, what, being 'famous'? What? You're gonna tell me that all the athletes, even those who didn't do well in the exams, are being ranked in the top 100? They have scholarships! They don't need the extra backing the rest of us need!" He opened and closed his mouth like a gaping fish, unable to bring his words to light but she refused to listen or even allow him to speak.

"I will be sure to bring this up with the Council of Education. If this is the way you're running this school then it is all too clear to me that you are a man unfit to run this school." She exited the room, nodding lightly to the secretary who looked at her with an approving smile. Once outside, she called her mother.

"Y/n? What's wrong sweetheart, did something happen?" The young woman explained the situation to her mother she chorused her agreement. 

"I'll be sure to book an appointment for us with the education board. For now, relax and enjoy your freedom from high school sweetheart." A voice was heard in the background after that and shuffling of feet. "Oh I need to leave now darling but I'll see you at home. I love you."

"I love you too." The call ended and almost a second later, her phone rang for an incoming call.

"Hey Senpai. Wanna go out with the team after practice?"

"Hey baby. You called at just the right time, honestly. I'd love to hang out with you guys. Where exactly are we going though?"

"School ended super early and Daichi thinks we deserve a break from practice after working so hard this season. So, we decided what better way to relax than go down to the beach."

"Oh that sounds fun. You guys need a ride? I can have a chauffeur or two take us there."

"I forget that you're kinda loaded sometimes. One sec." The sound of him asking the other members if they needed rides was heard and so was a chorus of yeses.

"Well that's the answer then huh. It's thirteen of us, plus Kiyoko and Yachi and I think Ukai as well. I don't know about Takeda sensei."

"I'll handle it, you guys just go home and get your things ready. Should I pick you up?"

"Nah I'll meet you at my place. Thanks again...babe."

"So cute. You still struggle to not call me senpai huh?"

"Shush. Gotta go now. Love you."

"Love you too cutie~" A beep signaled the end of the call.

'Looks like I'm headed to the beach today.'