27

Y/n's appearance reflected the toll that recent events had taken on her. Her eyes, once bright and full of life, now appeared heavy and bloodshot, with dark circles beneath them that bespoke long nights of sleeplessness. The lines of exhaustion etched into her face were stark, and her complexion had lost its healthy glow.

She moved with a slow, almost listless pace, as if each step required a great effort. Her posture, once upright and confident, had slumped, and her shoulders hung lower. The vitality that once radiated from her had been replaced by an air of sadness and depression that seemed to envelop her like a heavy shroud.

Y/n's hair, usually well-kept and vibrant, now appeared unkempt and lifeless. Strands of hair had lost their shine, and her overall appearance seemed disheveled, as if she had given up on self-care in the face of her inner turmoil.

Despite her attempt at a polite smile when she greeted Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, it was evident that the facade of strength was cracking. Her eyes lacked their usual spark, her voice carried a hint of fragility, and her body language communicated a deep weariness that spoke volumes about the emotional battles she was waging.

It was clear that Y/n was in the midst of a difficult and trying time, struggling to navigate her own emotional turmoil. The image of her, once vibrant and full of life, had given way to a version of herself that was sleep-deprived, weary, and touched by the weight of depression.

"Like I said, thanks for meeting me."

Y/n took a deep breath, her eyes flickering with a feeble attempt at normalcy, and she mustered a weak smile. "So, how have you both been?" she asked, her voice fragile, as if trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere.

But Tsukishima's patience had worn thin. His brows furrowed in anger, and he cut her off sharply. "Enough with the pleasantries. We're not here for small talk. Just get to the point so we can leave."

His words hung in the air, a bitter reminder of the pain and frustration that had brought them to this meeting. Y/n's smile faltered, replaced by a look of hurt, but she nodded in resignation. "I understand," she said softly, her voice barely audible.

The silence that followed was suffocating, the unspoken tension palpable. Y/n struggled to find the right words, her eyes welling up with tears as she tried to articulate the turmoil within her. But faced with Tsukishima's anger, she seemed to withdraw further into herself.

"I... I just wanted to talk about it. I need to explain my side of it. Isn't that why you're here?" She croaked out, voice scratchy after no doubt crying.

Tsukishima's expression remained stern, his anger unabated. "You... not even apologies won't change what you did," he retorted, his tone cutting. "Actions speak louder than words, and so far, your actions have shattered our trust. Until you prove otherwise, your apologies mean nothing."

Y/n nodded, tears spilling from her eyes, her attempts to salvage the situation falling apart. With a heavy heart, she whispered, "I understand. Thank you for meeting me, even if it didn't go well." And with that, she turned away, her shoulders slumped, and walked off, leaving Tsukishima and Yamaguchi in the heavy silence of the park, each burdened by their own emotions and the weight of what had transpired.

Yamaguchi watched Y/n's retreating figure with a pang of sympathy, his concern deepening. He hurried after her, catching up and gently placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine worry.

Y/n turned to him, her tear-streaked face a portrait of anguish. As if his concern was a dam bursting, she immediately broke down, her sobs wracking her body. "I don't know what to do, Yamaguchi," she cried, her voice a choked whisper. "Why would someone lie like that?"
Yamaguchi's brows furrowed in confusion as he listened to Y/n's words. "Lies? What do you mean by the leaked photos being lies?" he questioned, his voice tinged with disbelief.