Chapter 12: The...Proposal?

~Ross POV~

WHAT?! I looked at her, wide eyed. She looked at me, confused.

"It wasn't an engagment ring... was it?" she asked, her face falling. Oh crap... I slowly shook my head.

"Oh..." she said. I looked down at my hands.

"So... you heard everything?" I asked, a smile threatening to show itself. I looked up and saw her smiling at a pillow I brought up.

"Yeah...That's kinda why I was crying.." her voice trailed off. I lifted her chin so she was looking me in the eye. I put on a serious expression to show her I really meant what I was about to say.

"Haley... Every word of that was true. I know we haven't known each other for that long but I feel like I can be real when I'm with you. You make me so happy and when I'm not with you, I feel like I might die any second without you. I know we're really young to talk about love, but I've never felt this way about anyone before. I think that I can say with all honesty that I love you. I am completely, insanely, head over heels in love with you Haley. I don't know how you feel about me, but if I'm lying right now, let me die in my sleep tonight." I said. I wiped the tears away from her cheeks. she smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck. I held her tighter, resting my hands on her waist. She buried her face in my chest. I felt her tears going through my shirt, but I didn't care. 

"Hey guys! You busy? We just got offered ton do a concert here in LA for tomorrow and we need to rehearse the new songs tonight." Riker shouted out my window. I sighed and helped Haley up. I wiped the tears from Haley's face and pecked her on the lips.

"Coming!" I shouted, helping Haley down into my room. I wrapped my arm around her waist and walked her down to my basement. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and whispered something to the guys and Rydel. They all nodded as I handed Haley a microphone. She looked at me, confused. I smiled at her "You'll see." I winked at her and started playing the tune to Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" featuring Steve Kazee. She quickly recongnized the song. She started the song like a professional, hitting every note perfectly.

"The day we met" she sang.

"Frozen I held my breath

"Right from the start I knew that I found a home for my" Rydel sang with Haley.

"Heart beats fast colors and promises. How to be brave. How can I love when I'm afraid to fall. But watching you stand alone" she sang like an angel.

"All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow" we sang together. I loved the sound of our voices together.

"One step closer" we harmonized. She smiled at me as a silent tear slid down her cheek.

"I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more" she sang. I smiled at her, keeping up with the tune on my guitar.

"Time stands still. Beauty in all she is. I will be brave, I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me. Every breath every hour has come to this." I sang to her. Suddenly it was like nobody else was in the room and it was just me and her. I wanted to live in this moment forever.

"One step closer" we harmonized with each other perfectly. 

"I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believer I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." we sang, holding out the last note.

"I'll love you for a thousand more." we sang, holding out the last note again. I put my guitar down and went over to her, she turned towards me and slipped her hand into mine as we finished the song.

"One step closer" we both sang into her microphone.

"I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years" she sang to me.

"I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more" we sang together.

The instrumentals ended and Rydel came up and hugged us both. I think Riker was crying. Rocky and Ratliff hugged me and Ryland was asleep... I figured now would be as good a time as any to give her the ring.

I turned to Haley and stared deeply into her eyes. I pulled the ring out of my pocket and knelt down on one knee, opening the box. Her eyes lit up.

"I thought it wasn't....?" she said. I shook my head.

"It's not. It's a promise ring." I stood up, putting the ring on her finger. "I promise to always love you and always make you laugh for the stupidest reasons. I promise to be your best friend and be your shoulder to cry on. I promise to always pay attention to you and your opinions, even if I don't agree with them. I promise to never leave you alone when you need me and to always make you breakfast in bed at night, because I know you love breakfast for supper. I promise to make everyday special, even if you have a bad day and always be there for you, no matter where you are, what I'm doing, or what time it is. I promise that I'll never be late to a date and that every Friday, I'll make time to watch Romeo and Juliet with you so we can cry together when Juliet dies. I love you Haley, and I don't want to lose you." I said. She smiled with tears slipping silently down her cheeks. I kissed them away and wrapped her in a tight hug. Everybody cheered and gave us another hug.

"Good job little bro." Riker whispered to me, patting me on the back. I smiled at him and looked at Haley, knowing that she was my future. I felt something wet on my cheeks and realized I was crying. I had never cried over a girl before. I can't believe I fell in love in only a week.

A/N: OMG I thought I might cry writing this but obviously I didn't... Or did I? DUN DUN DUUUN. Haha! Anyways, sorry for not posting any Jamantha but I thought that this needed to be done! I mean you usually see fanfictions about them making out all the time but I got tired of that... Why do they need to make out? Can't they just be happy to be together? GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA THE GUTTER PEOPLE! Haha! Stay beautifulllll <3 c: