Chapter 37: Christmas Blues

~Haley POV~

A/N: Pretend they hadn't wrote 'Christmas is Coming' yet :D

6 Months Later (After Shooting Ross' Movie) December 29th 2013

So, it's Ross' birthday. To catch everyone up, Rocky and Samantha are talking, but not together...yet. We all went back to LA once Ross moive was finished. I spent the night with the Lynches last night. Anyways, it's about 5:30 in the morning and I'm making Ross' favorite breakfast with Rydel and Stormie.

I've just finished when I hear the baby monitor I set up in his room start making ruffling noises, meaning Ross was awake. I quickly grab the tray and head upstairs to his room. I push it open with my foot and smile at Ross sitting in bed.

"Good morning! Happy birthday." I say, setting the tray down on his lap.

"Awww. You're the best." he says. I peck his lips and watch him dig into his french toast. 

"I try." I reply, ruffling his hair a bit.

"What's with the frown?" he says, pouting his lip out.

"What frown?" I ask, smiling to cover up my expression.

"Is there something wrong?" he asks, grabbing my hand.

I shake my head slowly, "Nothing that I can think of."

"As long as you're sure..." he says, setting the tray aside. He smiles broadly at me, "What are we doing for my birthday?"

"Well, we're going to lunch then I was thinking indoor paintballing?" I suggest.

He shakes his head quickly, pursing his lips, "I meant you and me."

"Oh... You don't wanna spend your birthday with your family?" I ask.

He shrugs, "I'll go to lunch with them and do something else, but I mean we should do something together too."

I think for a minute. What would he want to do with me anyways? We've done it all... Not like that. Pervert. Get your mind out of the gutters.

"We could go to dinner afterwards." I suggest. He nods.

"Works for me." he says, grinning as he gets up to get dressed.

I follow his lead, but instead, walk towards the doorway, "I'll be gone for about 20 minutes to get ready. I'll be right back. Love you!" 

"I love you too." he shouts from his closet. I laugh to myself and head downstairs to the kitchen.

"Guys, I'll be back. I don't have any clothes here." I tell Rydel and Stormie.

"Okay sweetheart. We'll keep your breakfast hot." Stormie says, wrapping me in a hug.

"Thanks." I laugh, pulling away from the hug and walking out the front door.

I drive my beloved Mustang to the house my uncle and I live in along with the dogs. We bought it after we realized we'd be in LA for a while. I knock on the door since I forgot my house key. 

"Hey sweetie. Forget your house key?" my uncle asks, opening the door to let me in.

"How'd you know?" I laugh and go upstairs to change.

I search through my closet for something decent to wear. Ross loves it when I wear skinny jeans and Stilletos... I grab some clothes and walk into the bathroom to change. I slip on a red sweater. The ends of the sleeves are flowy and big. I put on some white skinny jeans and red Stilletos. I curl my hair in large ringlets and put on a small amount of makeup.