Chapter 30: Drama, And Not The Good Kind

~Haley POV~

When I wake up, I'm in Ross' arms. He's asleep. And snoring. Perfect. I turn over carefully so I can look at his face. 

Almost his whole body is covered with the blanket aside from his face and one arm. His lips are curved into a smile and his nose is twitching occasionally. I kiss his cheek just to see his reaction.

"Haley?" he asks in his sleep. His sleepy voice is so cute.

"Hey babe." I whisper back, smiling.

"Hey." his smile grows wider at the sound of my voice.

"Shhh. Go back to sleep." I tell him in a hushed tone.

"Okay. Goodnight." he says, pulling me closer to him, his arm still around my waist.

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams." I whisper back. He instantly is back to his dreaming state.

I wait a few minutes, just to make sure he's dead asleep, then climb slowly and carefully out of our shared bed, replacing myself with a pillow. I tip-toe to the bathroom to retrieve a robe, sliding it on quietly.

When I come out of the bathroom, I make my way to Rocky and Samantha's room to see if they made it home. They lay in their bed, both snoring loudly. I roll my eyes and head downstairs to the kitchen.

I make some scrambled eggs quickly, popping some toast in the toaster while I wait for them to cook. Then I grab two oranges out of the fridge and a juicer thingy. I cut them both in half and start to work making them into juice. When I'm done, I put the eggs, toast, and juice on a little tray and tip-toe back upstairs.

"Haley? Where are you?" Ross whisper-shouts, running out of our bedroom. He stops short when he sees me. "God. Haley you scared me."

"Sorry. I just wanted to make breakfast for my favorite guy in the whole world." I say, holding the tray out to him. He takes it and walks back to the bedroom.

"Thanks babe." he says, stuffing the toast into his mouth.

"By the way, I actually hand-squeezed that orange juice. Only for you." I say, sitting down beside him on our bed.

"It's really good. I'm glad I have a world- class chef as my girlfriend." he says after taking a drink of his orange juice.

"One of my many talents." I say sarcastically, flipping my messy hair.

"You look sexy in a robe." he says, eating the last of his breakfast.

"One of my many other talents." I joke, flipping my hair again.

"Mmmmhmmm." he leans in slowly and kisses my cheek.

"Just my cheek? I amde you breakfast and everything." I fake-pout, making puppy dog eyes.

"Yup." he says, standing up to take the tray back downstairs.

"Fine. And let me take that." I say, grabbing the tray away from him and walking downstairs.

I set the tray in the sink along with the plate and cup. I feel Ross' hands snake around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Am I in trouble?" he whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my back.

"Yes." I say, turning around to meet his gaze.

"Too bad. I was really looking forward to that kiss you mentioned earlier." he teases, smiling down at me.

"Too bad." I agree, squirming out of his arms.

"But," he says, pulling me back into the embrace, "you wouldn't punish your favrite guy in the world, would you?"