Chapter 35: Dawg Days

~Haley POV~

Ross and I were laying on the couch cuddling the next morning. Ross suddenly jumped up, snapping his fingers.

"We have to go pick the dogs up from the airport." he says urgently. Thank God we're both dressed. Not that we've been undressed before. I mean the clothes we're wearing are... Nevermind.

"Oh yeah. I totally forgot." I reply, grabbing the keys from the coffee table and leading Ross out the door.

"How could you forget your own dogs you terrible person." he says playfully. Once he sees my death glare, he adds, "...that I love."

I just roll my eyes and climb into the driver's seat before he can open my door for me. He just shrugs and climbs into the passenger seat. I start the car and drive to the airport. It's only like two minutes away, so the drive there is silent.

Once we're inside, we see Zeke and Noose's cages immediately. I make sure they're both there and grab their bags from the conveyer luggage thing. Ross carries the cages and I walk the dogs to the Jeep as he places them in the very back.

"Hey babies. Momma missed you. Yes she did." I hug them and kiss them after I load them into the Jeep. They lick my face lovingly.

"Hey tough guys" Ross says, opening the door and petting them on the head. Ross holds his hand up so Zeke can smell it. Instead of smelling his hand, he gives him a high five, his favorite trick. Ross laughs and scratches behind his ears.

"Ross, this is Zeke and this is Noose. Zeke and Noose, this is Ross. He's going to be staying with us along with his brother, Riker, and Samantha. Be nice to them. Ross and Riker have never had a dog before. You guys are a test run. Okay?" I say to them. Call me crazy, but they listen to me and almost smile at Ross.

"Your dogs are so cool." he says.

"It gets cooler. Noose can skateboard and Zeke can surf. I kid you not." I tell him.

His eyes widen in surprise. "Whatever. Who taught them all that?" he asks.

I point to myself, "Only the best for my babies." I smile and climb into the passenger seat. He climbs into the driver seat and drives us back to the house.

"Okay guys, this is your new home for the next six months. Get comfy. There will be no bodily liquids or solids in this household. You're still on your regular feeding schedule. Expect no more or less. Got it?" I explain the rules sternly to them. They look up at me, an understanding look in their eyes.

Ross gets outs and grabs the bags and cages from the back. "I got the stuff. You show them around and introduce Riker." he says. I nod and walk them into the house, not bothering to put a leash on them. 

They follow me obediently inside and up the stairs. When we get to Riker and Samantha's room, Riker stares at Zeke and Noose as if they aren't real.

"Who are these little guys?" he asks, going to pet Zeke. At first, Zeke lets out a growl, then looks up at me. I smile at him reassuringly and then he lets Riker pet him.

"These are my dogs. The white and brown one with three legs is Zeke. The black one is Noose. Zeke and Noose this is Riker and you know Samantha. This is their room. Don't touch the air matress." I tell them, pointing out Riker for them. They look around the room curiously, taking in their suroundings.

"Do they listen to you?" Riker asks, high fiving Noose.

"Yeah. They know how to do a lot of things. Zeke can surf and Noose can skateboard. They can get things for you from the fridge. They're really talented." I tell him. His eyes widen in surprise.