Chapter 42: Planning Problems

~Haley POV~

TWO MONTHS LATER

When you're little, all you want is to get married in a big fancy church with Prince Charming and live happily ever after. That is, until you grow up and actually get engaged and realize how stressful it is to plan one!

I was literally going to tear my hair out if we weren't done planning soon. Ross took it upon himself to pick out the cake, which, with my luck, my cousin was allergic to. Then, Riker got a rash from his tuxedo and had to get a new one. We didn't even know what size dress to get Samantha since she is preggo. To top it all off, my brother may or may not be coming because he has a businss meeting in New York that week! I tried to brush off all my planning problems as I rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

 Ross, who had moved in to my little house a day after the proposal, followed closely behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my head multiple times. I turned on him, giving him 'the look'. I tried not to yell at him because I knew he was just as stressed as I was, but he knew his boundaries. He backed away from me and let me have my space. I smiled at him quickly and closed the bathroom door. 

Today was the day that very bride looked forward to. The day I picked out my wedding dress. I hadn't even began to look due to lack of motivation. I pictured myself in different wedding dresses as hopped into the shower. Once I had gotten dressed and ready, Ross ran into the bathroom wordlessly.

"Ross, you realize you aren't going, right?" I called after him. He popped up in th bathroom's doorframe, a disappointed look on his face.

He pouted, "Why not?"

I smirked at him, patting his cheek, "We're not ruining a perfectly logical tradition. You can't see me in my wedding dress until we're both saying 'I do'."

He smiled and picked me up, twirling me around. I giggled as he kissed me gently on the lips. He set me down and handed me the car keys. I kissed his cheek and walked out the door to my car. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrived at the dress shop, I was greeted by Stormie, Rydel, my Aunt Reba, and Beauty, Ross' little cousin. Samantha was feeling pretty bad , so she couldn't. My mom was in Kentucky... We had an appointment, so we were picking out dresses in no time. Everyone had their own version of my wedding, so there was a lot of variety in the dress department. I was handed at least 10 dresses and I picked out three.

I tried on Stormie's first pick. It was nice. It was mermaid style with frills at the bottom. I decided I was NOT looking like a fish when I finally married Ross. I didn't show them this one and slid it right off my body. The next on I tried on was one of Beauty's picks. It was a very poofy ballgown style dress with a halter top and a LOT of flowers. I looked ridiculous, but I wanted Beauty to see. I stepped out of the dressing room and everyone just kind of turned their heads to the side, even Beauty.

"Maybe another one?" I suggested. They all nodded in sync.

Stormie decided it was alright to show Ross the ones that were on the 'HECK NO!' list. She snapped a picture and sent it to Ross. He replied with, 'Yeahh.... No.'

I laughed at his response and went back into the dressing room. I took one of Rydel's picks down and changed into it. It was an A-line dress with plenty of ruffles to go around. It was fitted from the neck line to the skirt line, but from there on, all ruffles.

I decided it was a no, but I looked decent, so I showed everyone. After everyone agreed that it was a no, Stormie sent a picture to Ross. He replied, 'Narrowing it down..'

I hurried back into the dressing room and took down my aunt's pick. It was really weird and had black accents on it... I decided immediately it was a no. I didn't even bother putting it on.

Finally, I put on one of my picks. It was a tight fitting dress and faded into a lot of little ruffles that flowed out behind me. There were no sleeves and the neckline had a flowery fabric on the border. I decided not to look at myself until everyone else had seen me first. I pinned a flowery tiara thing to my head before walking out to show them.

I heard them gasp as I stepped onto the viewing platform. Stormie, Rydel, and my aunt were crying while Beauty sat there with her mouth hanging wide open. I smiled and turned to look at myself in the mirror. As soon as I saw my reflection, a vision of me walking down the aisle at the beach holding a bouquet of white daisies popped into my head. Tears began streaming down my face. I shook my head, not believing how beautiful I felt and looked. 

Stormie sniffled, "That's the one." I nodded quickly, unable to speak. I posed for a quick picture of me in the dress for everyone but the boys (Just in case). I took the dress off and paid for it, eagar for the wedding to come around so I could wear it. Next, we had to shop for bridesmaids dresses. We went a few shops over where they sold prom and bridesmaids dresses.

"The color theme is yellow. So go pick yellow dresses that you like," I told everyone. They all nodded and set off to work.

They all had short, yellow dresses (A/N: I'll try to post the dresses somehow). Since they were all going to wear different dresses, I let them get what they wanted and paid for them. We decided on a dress for Samantha that would probably fit her by the time of the wedding.

We all piled back into the car to get lunch and then we would go home after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home, I carried all the dresses to the house. Ross met me outside and helped me carry the bridesmaids dresses since I wouldn't let him come near my dress.

It was all zipped up in a fancy bag and I was going to make sure he didn't se it if it was the last thing I would do. Once all the dresses were put away, (I hid mine) Ross pulled me into a tight embrace.

"You girls and shopping," he said, his voice muffled by my hair.

I giggled and pulled away so I could see his face, "Would you rather me just wear blue jeans and a tank top and call it a day?"

"Oh no, Ms. Lynch. We wouldn't want that now would we?" he smirked, leaning down until his lips touched mine.

Every time we kissed, even after three years, I still got the same spark I got from the first time. 

I found my hands wandering their way up his shirt as the kiss grew deeper. He smiled under my lips and rested his hand on mine where it lay on his stomach.

He then scooped me up in one swift, easy motion and carried me to our bedroom. He lay me on our bed and laid on top of me, keeping his arms on either side of my head to support his body weight and continued the kiss.

I don't know where he thought he was going with this, but it certainly would NOT end up in any clothes other than his shirt being removed. And I doubt it would even get that far. I put my hand on his chest, pulling my lips away from his.

"Hey! We need a little practice before the wedding," he teased, rolling over so I was on top of him.

I sighed, "I guess you're going to have to warm up those hands then macho man."

I giggled as I rolled off the bed and danced into the kitchen. He followed me closely. I pulled out the things to make manacotti and began cooking. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him, our bodies molding together. He kissed my neck softly, trying to get me away from the task at hand.

"Ross, dear. As provoking as that is, I need to focus so I don't burn our lovely house down," I teased. He smiled but continued on with what he was doing. I shook my head playfully.

"Haley, dear. I enjoy provoking you and I think you're a good multitasker," he mumbled against my skin.

"We'll see about that," I smiled as he continued to kiss me, moving down to my collar bone. I just stood there, trying to ignore the tingles in my toes. Weird right?

A/N: I don't really know how long this chapter is but I'm fairly sure it's like 2 pages? Anyway, I'm not going to post the wedding dress until the big day! I'm going to get a friend to help me out with everything so be expecting a while before the next update. Sorry :/ Stay Beautiful guys! <3 c: