Chapter 27: Surprise Surprise With an Order of Fries

~Ross POV~

Rocky had finally gotten here. Jeez. What took him so long? He left like ten minutes after us. He should have been here earlier....What am I doing?

I'm here with the girl of my dreams, slow dancing to a fast song. And what am I doing? Worrying about my brother's arrival time. What's wrong with me?

I look down into Haley's eyes, remembering the time on the plane. That was the farthest we'd ever gone...It kinda in a weird way meant something to me.

I think it might have meant something to her too. Again, in a weird way. She noticed me staring at her and probably thought I was hungry because she said, "Are you hungry?".

Well, I was actually starving. My stomach roared in response. She smiled, knowing the answer, and told Rocky and Samantha what we were gonna do. They nodded and followed Haley and I out of the club.

"Sorry again, guys. I feel so..." I cut the bouncer off with my "I'm a celebrity" smile. He half frowned half smiled back.

"It's cool, man." I called over my shoulder, leading Haley to her car. My arm was wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Rocky had taken a taxi here so he could ride home with us.

Rocky sat in the back on the middle seat, beside Samantha. I sat in the passenger seat next to Haley who was driving. I had her free hand in mine as she drove with her left.

"I don't care what anyone says, we are going to McDonalds." Haley said sternly.

"Okay babe. We can go to McDonalds." I chuckled, kissing her hand gently. She giggled a bit while Rocky and Samantha nodded in agreement.

We took a sharp turn into the drive though of McDonalds. Nobody else is there, so we get to the first window quickly. Haley rolls down her window.

"Hello. Can I take your order?" the cashier asks. Haley looks at the big outside menu for a second.

"I'll take two Big Macs with a large fry. And I want a chocolate shake, no cherry. I also want one of those fruit and walnut things. And also I want a little thing of honeymustard for the fries.... Hold on one second please." her voice trails off as she looks at me, then at the back seat.

"What do you guys want?" she asks, eyebrows raised expectantly. Samantha and Rocky's jaws drop like nine pound hammers.

"I want what you got." I said. She nodded and turned back to the two statues in the back.

"Umm... I want a McChicken. No lettuce or mayo. And also a Coke." Samantha says.

"Same here." Rocky says, not really listening to what she said. Haley shrugs and turns back to the window.

"Can you double all of that please? And also I want two McChickens, hold the lettuce and mayo and two Cokes." she says. The cashier mumbles the price and something about the next window. Haley pulls up to the next window and pays. 

"That's a lot to eat for a little girl." Rocky tells Haley. She smirks and pulls up to the next window and grabs two big bags full of food. She hands one to me, which has our food in it and hands the other one to the back.

"Let's get to the condo to eat. I'm starving. Plus, I have to get home so I can read over my lines." I told them.

"Yeah, we probably should. When is your first table read?" Haley asked, staring ahead at the road.

"It's tomorrow. That's why I should probably get home and read over it." I explained. Haley nodded, then her expression turned non-serious as a mile-wide smile spread across her face.

"What?" Samantha asked from the back seat. Her smile kept growing wider.

"Can I go with you Ross? Please? Oh pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?!" Haley begged, her face again getting serious. I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"I guess so. You can hang out with Brandy, one of my co stars, while I'm at the table. We're only doing scene three, so, she won't be at the table read." I explain to her, still smiling. Brandy was playing my ex girlfriend in the movie.

"Yay!" Haley shouts, doing a small happy dance when we park in the driveway. 

I carry the McDonalds bags, Rocky carries his two suitcases, and the girls carry nothing but their purses. What a help.

"So, I already explained the whole bed situation to Rocky. He's with Sam." I said to the girls, setting the McDonalds bags down on the kitchen counter. I looked up to see an angry Samantha's face two inches from mine.

"Don't call me Sam." she hissed. I held my hands up as if to say "sorry man, I didn't know". She grabbed her and Rocky's McDonalds bag and followed Rocky upstairs to their room.

"Hey babe! Just stay up there and I'll bring the food!" I called up the stairs. I heard a muffled, "Okay!" and grabbed our McDonalds bag.

"Have you looked at your script yet?" Haley asks me, sitting on our bed in pajamas, when I walk in holding the bag.

"I skimmed through some of scenes one and two but, that's it." I said, shrugging and plopping down beside her on the bed, "Why?" I add.

"Nothing. I was just asking if you had or not..." her voice trailed off as her eyes grew wider as she reads through my script. I read over her shoulder and know immediatly what she was talking about.

Kyle (Ross): (Kisses Rose (Brandy) as fireworks go off in the distance. They lean back and smile. Kyle's (Ross) eyes go wide and he runs down the sidewalk.

"It'll be okay. It means nothing to me. I know it's for your movie, and it's alright with me..." Haley's voice trails off. I gently grab the script away from her, shoving it in a drawer.

"Don't even worry about it. They call it acting for a reason. It's all fake. I love you and the whole time I have to kiss Brandy, I'll be thinking of you." I sile down at her. She just looks at her hands.

"Okay. As soon as your done reading, try to get some sleep. Okay? I love you. Good night." she instructs. I nod and kiss her forehead. 

"Do you want me to sing to you?" I ask her, smiling. She nods her head and rolls over on her side, pulling the covers over her head. I try to think of something comforting to sing.

"When I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky, or a beautiful sunrise. There's so much they hold." I sing to her. This is one of her favorite songs.

"And just like them old stars, I see that you've come so far to be right where you are. How old is your soul?" I sing softly, laying down next to her. She snuggles into my chest and sighs.

"Well I won't give up on us. Even if the stars get rough. I'm givin' you all my love. I'm still lookin' up." I sing the last note to the chorus and know for a fact that she's out. 

I slowly and gently unwrap myself from her and quietly get my script. I read over scene three a few times.

By the time I'm done, I know most of my lines. My iPhone reads 8:30 p.m. Finally I get to get some decent shut eye.

I snuggle into Haley, grabbing a different blanket from underneath the bed, curling myself around her. She instantly cuddles into my chest. 

In a few minutes, I'm dreaming of that beautiful blonde hair and that beautiful name. Everything about my dream is beautiful.

A/N: I'm writing these next few chapters a few days before they're posted so I should be done with at least chapter 28 by the time I get them all posted. My Internet and cable is still out so... yes, it sucks. But, I also get to watch a lot of new movies I wanna watch! :{D Happy dance :D Samantha (who is a real person) is updating me on R5 news so don't worry! :{D I got the tour dates but I still haven't been able to watch R5TV yet. BTW my Twitter is something along the lines of @HaleyNichols4 :{D (not including the smiley face or what's in parentheses...or parentheses themselves xD). I'll be back soon guys! SORRY AGAIN! Stay beautiful <3 c: