Chapter 24: Lost

Chapter 24: Lost

~Haley POV~

I ran outside as fast as I could. I had to get away and pretend that Ross wasn't going anywhere. I couldn't breath. I had to keep running. I don't know why. I just had to. I kept running, not really knowing where I was or where I was headed to. The world started spinning but I kept running until I finally had to stop. I broke down in the middle of a desolate street, sobbing. My butt hurt so bad and I didn't know why. I looked below me to find a concrete sidewalk beneath me. I sobbed uncontrollably for a good few minutes.

"No." I mumbled repeatedly under my breath. I couldn't get Ross out of my head. I couldn't think of anything but his name, his voice, his face... I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. 

"Are you okay?" Ross asked. That was a very odd question. Why would he think I wasn't okay? Oh, right.... I just ran out of his house and now I'm on some random street crying like a baby.... I shook my head slowly.

"Shhh.... It's gonna be okay... It's alright, I'm here." Ross whispered in a soothing voice, rubbing my back.

"No, Ross! It is not okay! You aren't going to be here for months! What do you expect me to do?! Sit here and wait for you to come back like a dog?!" I screamed at him. He cringed back with hurt in his eyes.

"Haley, please don;t do this to me. You're killing me. I can't stand seeing you like this. It's only a few months. I'll be back, I promise." he said, trying to calm me. That only made me more angry.

"Be back my ass! You'll just leave and not look back. You'll be just like Dad!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Ugh I'm so stupid. Why did I have to say that? He flinched but softened when he spoke.

"Baby, I won't leave you, I swear. I love you way too much to even think like that. Look, I'll find some way for us to be together. It will all be okay, I promise. I would never leave you alone. Ever. Plus, if I did, who would protect you from Rocky after taco night?" he gave me a small laugh. I smiled a bit as he picked me up and started walking back to the Lynch house.

"How about when we get back, I'll make you my famous marshmellow brownie surprise and we can watch Romeo and Juliet together. Afterwards, we can play Guitar Hero." he suggested. I nodded a little and focused on his even breaths and his heartbeat. I tried to breath the same time he did.

When we finally got back, I had calmed down enough to where my eyes were a bit red but nothing else. Ross put me down on the couch and went to go make marshmellow brownie surprise. 

I whipped out my phone and checked my Twitter. My eyes landed on a Tweet from Ross.

@haybug1298 and I are going to Peurto Rico soon! I would tell ou why, but it's a surprise ;) Sorry guys!

I retweeted it and put my phone away. When Ross came back, he had a mixing bowl and a spoon for me. The bowl had a little bit of brownie batter left in it. I smiled as he left me with the bowl and spoon to check the brownies. About 25 minutes later, he came in with two plates. They both had a huge brownie with marshmellows baked into them and ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top.

"Here you go, Princess." he said, handing me one of the plates. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and dug in. 

"And now..." he said while popping Romeo and Juliet in the VCR player. He ran back to the couch and cuddled with me after pressing play. We were both eating like pigs. Rydel and Riker were doing some awkward dance when they walked into the living room.

"Heys guys.... Whatcha doin???" I asked. 

"Just dancing. What about you?" Riker said like it was the most normal thing in the world. I shrugged and kept watching the movie. Juliet was just about to kill herself when Rydel started doing some dance in front of the TV.