𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅.

chapter six

chapter six

{ unedited }

ALICE NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE

ALICE NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE. Now, hear her out. She never believed in that sappy, unconditional fairytale sort of love. The kind of love that was like they would burn the world for each other. Alice never believed in it because she had never seen it. Her parents had always brought out the worst in each other. Johnny's mum had died when he was young and his dad always talked badly of her. Stella's dad was a deadbeat, leaving as soon as she was born and her mum refused to ever talk about him. So, no, Alice didn't believe in love. She didn't understand when people talked about being in love with someone. She never understood when they said they would do anything for that person. In the end, it always turns out disastrous and the people who were 'in love' end up hurt and start to talk horribly about the ones they swore they never would before. To her, love was a myth and something she would never experience because it didn't exist.

So why was Stella telling Alice that she was in love with Maeve? Alice couldn't be in love with someone if she didn't believe in it. Sure, Maeve made her happy. Being around her wasn't tiring. Maeve made her days better and Alice looked forward to talking to her but she wasn't in love. She liked her, sure, but she wasn't in love. Stella had to be wrong about that.

Besides, she had only known the girl for just over a month. A person couldn't fall in love that quickly and Alice surely wasn't in love with Maeve when she didn't even have feelings for the girl. To be in love you'd have to be romantically attracted to the person and Alice was not attracted to Maeve.