𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.

chapter twenty three

{ unedited }

ALICE DID NOT KNOW HOW IT CAME TO THIS

ALICE DID NOT KNOW HOW IT CAME TO THIS. Jean, her mother, was stood at the edge of the stage. Alice had no idea she was even going to be at the school and now she was giving a speech? God, just when she thought things couldn't get worse.

Alice was sat between Jade and Johnny, Alice had quickly learned that Jade was adopted into their little group and she was unsure on how to feel about that but she kept her mouth shut about it.

"Good morning, Moordale," Mr Groff spoke, silencing the chattering around the hall as he stood over the mic. "Today we shall be hearing from a sexual health expert who is here to review the school's sex education curriculum. Please give Ms Milburn..." he paused as if he hated this just as much as Alice did, "a very warm welcome."

The hall broke out in applause as Jean made her way to the stand, Mr Groff moving to stand on the other side. "Hello. My name is Dr Milburn," Jean corrected, glaring in the headteacher's direction before facing the crowd once more. "And I'm here to start an open conversation about S-E-X." Alice knew from there that this wasn't going to end well. She was just surprised no one had mentioned the courgette incident yet.

"We adults know that some of you are having sex because when we were your age, some of us were having sex," Jean continued. "In fact, many of us still have sex. I'm sure even Headmaster Groff sometimes has sex." The hall broke out into snickering and Alice slumped in her seat when feeling people turning t her. "And so, I would like you to tell me what you would like on your sex education curriculum. Take control."