Chapter One

I slowly walk down the corridor, making sure I wind up in the right place. I turned to the right and end up in a green room full of people.

"Alice!" My best friend and Broadway twinie Aaron Tveit says, running up and hugging me. "What's up?"

"Nothing much." I giggle, flattening my skirt down.

"I like your outfit." He said, eyeing my oversized sweater tucked into my skirt.

"I swear." I whisper. "You're so gay."

"That is highly offensive. I am as straight as a bendy straw." He gasps, dramatically pressing a hand to his chest.

"Only someone who's gay would say that." I glanced behind him to the slew of people who were watching us. I cleared my throat and darted my eyes from Aaron to behind him.

"Duh." He said, hitting himself on the head. I laughed. "Everyone, this is Alice. She's Cosette."

They all gave me vague waves. I sat down on a fluffy chair with Aaron beside me, us already talking Broadway.

But I eventually turned to talk to Sam Barks across from me, and then Eddie Redmayne, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Daniel Huttlestone all joined in on our conversation.

Soon, Aaron got up and say beside George Blagden, but Eddie Redmayne sat beside me instead. I'm not complaining whatsoever, he's completely hot.

"Oh!" Aaron said, catching the attention of everyone. "Alice, are you going to the Tony's?" A couple people oohed at me.

"I'm performing." I said dumbly, rolling my eyes.

"Since when?"

"Since Andrew told me at the show last night." I smiled sarcastically. "Are you performing?"

"Hell ya. I'm doing Seven Wonders with Kerry." He smiled triumphantly.

"I hope you mess up." I snapped.

"I hope your E is flat." He spat back, sitting back.

"Wait." Eddie said, silencing us. "What show are you in?"

"I'm Christine Daaé in Phantom." I said, tapping my feet on the floor.

"That's awesome!" Sam gushed, making me turn toward her.

We sat around the green room for a little while longer, until Aaron had another random outburst. "You should all go see Alice in Phantom tonight!"

"Oh God, please no." I groaned, putting my head in my hands.

"Yes!" Sam cheered, shoving my shoulder. "I'll be there!"

Sam, Eddie, Hugh, Anne, and George all agreed to come tonight, to my dismay. But I clearly had no choice.

We had a short cast meeting with our director, Tom Hooper, but then we were allowed to go home.

"Alice!" Aaron was shouting as he followed me on the streets of New York City. "Please please please make me mac and cheese tonight." He begged.

"No." I rolled my eyes, smiling at him. "I have a show."

"After?" He whined.

"It takes five hours to make. I can't do that. It'll be two am by the time I'm done." I said, turning onto the block for my theater.

"Tomorrow? And we can even invite the cast over because you always make so much." Aaron said, but was begging.

I sighed, getting to the stage door. "Ugh, fine. You can tell everyone when they show up tonight."

"Yes!" He shouted triumphantly, kissing my cheek and running away.

This performance must be good. No, not good. It has to be perfect. This is the first time my castmates would hear me sing, so I have to make a good impression. I felt obligated to make them like me.

I quickly made my way to my dressing room and had my dresser put my wig on and do my makeup, putting my earbuds in and listening to Les Miz.

I stood to get my opening costume on, doing loud and obnoxious vocal warmups. "Shut up!" My phantom, Norm Lewis, bangs on my door. "You're friends are here!"

I opened the door and punched his chest. "You're annoying." I looked down the corridor to see them standing around. I wave them over and they all piled into my dressing room. "Welcome to the Majestic theater!" I said happily.

"Thanks." Eddie chuckled, smiling at me, his green eyes twinkling. I smiled shyly, turning around and pinning my headband in.

"So when does the show start?" Anne asked.

"In five minutes." I said, glancing at the clock. "Which reminds me, I have to get a mic on and get on stage."

I waved goodbye to them and run to get ready for my show.