Chapter Thirty-Seven

Six months pregnant

Today is the Phantom premiere, and I'm excited! Kate is coming over to help me get ready, as usual.

She does my hair in some crazy braids and slaps a little bit of makeup on. Getting ready for the red carpet is almost a routine thing now.

I go change into my dress, a long teal dress with sheer cutouts on the bodice. Once again, the bodice stops where my stomach starts growing, so the fabric flows over my bump that's looking a little bit bigger today.

Kate puts my shoes on for me, because I'm at that stage that I can't see my feet anymore. And I can't put my shoes on anymore, unless they're uggs or flats. And I can't wear heels anymore.

Eddie compliments me like usual and we head off towards the theater. We get on the carpet and are screamed at, like usual. God, I do this too much.

I run to Summer and hug her, taking a few pictures with her before going back to Eddie. "You okay?" Eddie whispers in my ear.

"I'm fine. The baby is just pounding against my rib cage." I reply, still smiling and placing a hand on my stomach.

"Do you wanna go home?" He continues.

"No, I'll be completely fine." I insist, pecking his cheek.

We meet up with Summer, Hadley and his wife, and Ramin with his wife. Then Andrew comes over and hugs us all.

"Okay, so we'll start filming after Alice has her baby-" He starts, but I cut him off with a groan.

"The movie is just coming out and we're already talking about the next movie?" Summer says.

"Screw that crap." Ramin adds.

"Ya, I have a baby pounding against my rib cage, so I'm gonna go sit." I say, grabbing Eddie's hand again and pulling him inside the theater.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Eddie asks again.

"I'm fine. I just need to sit." I reply, making our way to our seats and sitting down. Eddie starts rubbing circles in my stomach, which we both know always calms the baby.

"Better?" Eddie asks when he doesn't feel the kicking anymore.

"Much. Thank you." I say, leaning on his shoulder.

"It's the least I can do. You're carrying my child for three more months." Eddie says.

The movie was amazing, and the vocals sounded perfect on everyone's part. It was the best production of Phantom I'd ever seen before.

"That was magnificent, darling." Eddie says as he helps me get up.

"Thank you." I smile, kissing his cheek. "I'm ready to go home, though."

"Alright, let's go." Eddie directs me out to the car and we try to get home as quick as possible.

I rip off my dress at home, but don't have the energy to shower. I pull on one of Eddie's shirt and curl up in bed, immediately falling asleep.