Chapter Twelve

Eddie wipes my tears with his thumbs, chuckling at me. "That was so sad. How did you not cry?" I say, still holding his other hand.

"Because I know what happened." Eddie replied.

"I know what happened too, but I cried." I reply, squeezing his hand.

Eddie shakes his head and pulls me out of my seat, leading me over to Anne and Hugh. Anne still looks like she crying, so I run over and hug her.

As we embrace, I feel someone's else's arms around us. I turn my head to find Sam. Anne and I include her in the hug, staying there for a while.

"That was sad." Sam finally sniffles, pulling away.

"Sadder than me dying in Love Never Dies." I agree, wiping my cheeks.

"I'm exhausted." Anne says, looking drowsy.

"Ya, I think we're gonna head out." Eddie says, coming over and grabbing my hand.

We wave goodbye to everyone and get home as fast as we can.

I strip my dress off and put it on its hanger again, kicking off my shoes. I pull on sweatpants and one of Eddie's t-shirt's.

I leave my E necklace on and climb in bed, curling up beside Eddie. He starts rubbing circles in my back, his hand under my shirt.

"I'm tired." I say softly, closing my eyes and resting my head on his chest.

"I know you are." Eddie whispers. "Go to sleep."

I open my eyes, looking up at him. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with you. I've just been really busy with the show and-"

"Ali, stop apologizing. It's not your fault. Andrew put you up to this crap against your will." Eddie says softly. I didn't reply, just silently agreed with him.

I felt his hand stray from my waist to grab my hand. He turned my arm over, looking at my wrist. I had taken the makeup off.

"Have you cut?" He asks softly, kissing the scars and cuts.

"Not since I've been here, though I've wanted to. I haven't really had time." I pull my wrist away stubbornly and turn my back to him.

"Alice, you know we're going to have to talk about it sometime." Eddie says somewhat bitterly, huffing.

"I know. But I don't wanna talk about it." I say, equally as stubborn.

I could feel Eddie turn the other, making me feel even worse about the situation. Great. A mad boyfriend is just want I need right now.

The next day

When I wake up, it's just about one pm. Damn, I slept a long time. Well, I did go to bed around three last night.

Crap! My call time for the show is one!

I jump out of bed quickly, only throwing on shoes. When I pass the kitchen to grab my purse, I see a note from Eddie. All it says is that he went out a few hours ago and food lick a my show. No apology or anything. Well, not that I was expecting one. More like wishful thinking.

I quickly get to the theater, slightly heartbroken. I didn't mean to speak to Eddie with such bitterness, but my cutting is a sensitive subject for me. I don't like talking about it. And Eddie is the only one who knows, so I've never had to talk about it before.

I avoid everyone and quickly go into my dressing room, getting ready for the show. But then Ramin, my phantom, and Hadley, my Raoul burst in.

"Tell us about the premiere!" Ramin cheers, sitting on the couch with Hadley. "We heard it was amazing."

"And you wore yellow." Hadley adds.

"Yes I did wear yellow. And it was amazing." I say simply. "I have a picture of my dress on my phone."

I hand it to them, my hair dresser yelling at me to stay still while she jams my mic pack in my head. "I hate this so much." I mumble, instantly getting a headache.

"Why do you seem so bitchy today?" Ramin snaps, giving me my phone back.

"Because I'm in a bitchy mood." I snap back, a teasing smile on my face. "Eddie just got mad at me last night."

"What did you do this time?" Hadley asks.

"Nothing you need to know about." I growl sarcastically. "Now get out. I need to change."

"Aww, come on. We've seen you change before." Ramin whines.

"Get out." I command, pushing them out the door.

After the show

I unlock the front door to the house, moving my glasses slightly so I can rub the tiredness out of my eyes. Heaving out a long yawn, I walk up the stairs into the bedroom.

Eddie is already asleep, facing away from my side of the bed. I sighed, changing quickly into pajamas, no bra.

I lay down in bed, my back facing Eddie. I close my eyes, and just as I'm about to fall asleep, I feel him turn and wrap his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He whispers in my ear, nestling his head in my hair. "I shouldn't have tried to force you into talking about it."

"It's just a sensitive subject." I say back, leaning into his embrace.

"I get it." He says back. "I love you, Alice. So, so much."

And I smile, falling asleep in his embrace.