Chapter Four

"Josh!" I said, confused but yet excited. "What are you doing here?" Aaron walked away to go talk to Eddie, pointing at us. Eddie looked pissed.

"You look beautiful!" He shouted, spinning me around in a hug. "I missed you!"

I sighed silently, hugging him back. "I missed you too."

"Oh my gosh!" Sam said, running over to us. "Is this your boyfriend?" Anne then ran over as well.

"Ya, this is Josh. Josh, this is Anne and Sam." I said, and he smiled and waved. "Let's go talk in my dressing room. I'll be right there, I have to ask Eddie and Aaron something." I led him to my room, shutting the door behind him.

"Your boyfriend is here?" Eddie said when I approached him.

"I'm sorry!" I said. "I don't know he was coming."

"You know." He said, whispering in my ear. "I already broke up with my girlfriend for you."

"And I will." I begged to him. "I'll tell him tonight."

Eddie just scoffed and walked away. Sadly, I walked back to my room. "Hi!" I said excitedly.

Josh turned around, looking angry. "I know." He spat.

"Know what?" I asked, beginning to untie my corset and take off my skirt part of my dress.

"I know that you're in love with Eddie." He crossed his arms, leaning against the wall.

"Why would you say that?" I gasped, though I'm not sure while o was trying to save myself.

"You were right outside the door with him now. I have functioning ears, you know." He rolled his eyes. "And I wanted to how you reacted when I showed up."

"I was-"

"You totally weren't excited. We haven't seen each other in eight months. You act differently when you're actually in love with someone." He explained. "And Aaron told me Eddie kissed you."

"So now what?" I asked, pulling my street clothes on and looking at him with tear filled eyes.

"I'm breaking up with you." He said, walking toward the door. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I could've called that." I whispered as he opened the door.

"If you're gonna lie to me again, make sure you lie better then you did." He spat, walking away and slamming the door.

I fell down to the floor for a second, burying my head in my hands. I wanted to tell him myself, not have him hear it from someone he barely knows. I can't believe Aaron told him we kissed. At least Aaron didn't tell him Eddie and I are together. Well, no one knows that.

I push myself off the floor and run out the door, wanting to avoid everyone and get home. When I did get home, I did some not so good things to myself before flopping down on my bed.

I got up a couple hours later so I could go to my show.

The next day

I trudge into set the next day, pulling my sweater sleeves over my hands. I wiped my cheeks as I passed the green room where everyone was talking.

Everyone seemed to notice me, and how it was clear I had been crying. I made sure not to look at anyone and got to my dressing room.

"Alice!" Eddie ran after me, putting a hand on my waist, but I jerked away.

"Eddie, I just want to be alone for a little." I said, wiping my cheeks of their tears.

"Are you crying?" Eddie asked gently, and I turned to him.

"Ya, Eddie, I am crying." I snapped. "I want to be alone!"

I went to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist. I gasped in pain, and quickly regretted it. "Wha...?" Eddie pulled me closer to him and pushed up my sleeve, his face paling. "Alice-"

I grabbed his hand and pushed him into my dressing room, slamming the door shut. "You can't tell anyone."

"Why the hell did you do that?" Eddie said, angry but knowing not to yell.

"I really don't wanna talk about it." I mumbled, pushing my hair behind me ear. "I really just wanna go home."

My prayers were answered when a crew member knocked on the door and told me I wasn't needed for any scenes today.

"I'm coming with you." Eddie said as I went to go leave.

"No, you're not." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"It's not a choice." Eddie said sternly.

"Whatever." I didn't want him to come because I knew he would want me to explain why I cut myself, and then I'd break down and tell him everything I do. And I'm just not ready to relive everything.

Eddie followed me home, against my will. I left my house door open for him and stomped upstairs, stripping off my clothes.

I pulled on sweatpants, but then felt Eddie's hands on my hips. He pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my head.

"I don't want to yell." He said in a calming voice, his hand reaching for my cut wrist and running his thumb over the scars and cuts. "Who else knows?"

"No one. Not even Aaron." I said, letting my head fall back on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

"Why?" Eddie started swaying slightly, making me feel even more calm.

"I was just so ashamed of it." I whispered back. "Eddie, I really don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Okay." He said calmly. "C'mon." He lifted me into him arms and walked me over to the bed.

"I'm not wearing a shirt." I said, a small smile on my face.

"I don't mind." Eddie said, kissing my forehead.

I laughed a little, burying myself under the covers. Eddie looked apprehensive about getting in with me, mostly because he assumed I was mad at him this morning. But I looked at him with big eyes and he crawled under the blankets.

"Your bed is so comfortable." Eddie chuckled, pulling me towards him.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I said, laying my head on his chest.

Their was a few minutes of silence, just me listening to Eddie's heartbeat. But then I suddenly said, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Eddie asked, brushing my hair back and looking at me. "You have nothing to apologize for."

"Ya but-"

"For all, I should be apologizing." Eddie started. "I'm the one who got mad at you and made you run."

"I'm not mad at you, though. I never really was." I sighed angrily. "I'm mad at Aaron."

Eddie looked confused. "Why?"

"Because he told Josh you kissed me-" Eddie cut me off.

"No." He shook his head. "You kissed me."

"We kissed each other, how about that?" Eddie nodded, urging me to continue. "Okay." I laughed. "And Josh got all mad because of it. I mean, I expected him to be but I would've preferred to tell him myself."

"I'll talk to him, if you want." Eddie said softly, and I smiled up at him.

"I knew there was a reason I love you." I reached up and pecked his lips.

I laid my head back down, my eye drooping shut. And we got fell asleep.