Chapter Nine

I push open the door to the Adelphi theater and walk in. Rehearsals were currently going on. Now I'm positive I'm not here for Phantom.

"Alice!" Andrew shouts. "I'm getting right to it. I want you to be Christine Daaé in the sequel to Phantom, called Love Never Dies."

"And...?" I say, wanting more details.

He thrusts the script into my hands. "This is the libretto. All the sheet music is there too. Look over it for two days and come back here. Then we'll start rehearsals and get you on stage the week after that."

"So I have to learn, memorize, and stage this entire show within a week?" I say, completely shocked at this insane request.

"You're a professional. You can do it." Andrew says with a smile, patting my shoulder. "Would you like to stay for rehearsals? The understudy Christine is about to do the title song- which is your big solo song."

"Of course." I say, walking to the front row.

So the rest of the day was spent with me learning the first half of the musical. The next day I learned the second half. And on Wednesday, I staged the first half. And Thursday, I staged the second half of the show. And on Friday, we ran through.

I'm not sure how I managed to learn and memorize all the music in two or so days, but like Andrew said, I'm a professional. It's what I do for a living.

I waved goodbye to Eddie as I walked into the theater to perform for my opening night. He would be coming back in a few hours to see it, as well as some of the Les Miz cast.

I made my way quickly to my dressing room and starting to get ready. I had one of my many stylists tie my extremely tight corset that squeezed my waist and made it really tiny. It normally is tiny, but it made my waist line obvious.

After putting on my heavy wig and makeup, I slid sweatpants on and walked around like that for a while.

"Hey Alice." My Phantom, Ramin Karimloo, walks up to me and eyes my outfit. "It suits you."

"You calling me a stripper?" I say, putting my hands on my hips.

"Yes, of course I am." He rolled his eyes. "You and I need to go get mics on. So let's go."

I walked away with him, finding my stage manager to help me. Which I found that I had to take off my wig again so they could put the mic pack in my wig. Which is torture and a major headache for the rest of the night.

With an hour left until the show, I started warming up and getting a few more pieces of my costume on. I walked down the corridor, doing my weird vocal warmups. I was eventually stopped and stepped into my huge hoop skirt that I have for the beginning of the show.

So for another couple minutes, I walked around in a hoop skirt and a corset my boobs were falling out of. Which was pretty awkward, but no one said anything.

I continued to do my warmups, until I saw Eddie, Aaron, Sam, Anne, and George waiting by my dressing room. I still had some things to do before the show, but I could definitely talk with them.

I skip over happily, giving them all hugs, and Eddie a kiss. "Hello!" I said flamboyantly. They all just laugh at me. "We can go in my dressing room, I guess."

They all sat down as I paced and tried to think of anything else I needed for the show. All my costumes were in place for quick changes, I needed to get the top of my costume, and that's it. I finally sat on my makeup chair.

"Damn, Alice, you really need to stop being so skinny." Sam says, crossing her arms stubbornly.

"I'm sorry!" I say innocently. Just as I don't, there's a knock. "Come in!" My stylist comes in with the top to my costume, smiling teasingly. "Is that another corset?" She nods, giggling at my horrified reaction. "I really hate this costume so much."

I leaned against the wall as she laced it up, reminding her to let me breathe. "It's like a medieval torture devise." Aaron comments from the couch.

"You think it's bad watching me get laced into it. Imagine wearing it." I say, pulling it up to cover my chest.

"So are you ready?" Eddie asks as I sit back down, with a struggle.

"I guess. I'm warmed up and all my costumes and props are in place. I should check if everyone is ready though. How long until the show starts?" I ask, rambling on slightly.

"About a half hour." George says, checking his watch.

"Well, crap, I guess I have to kick you guys out now. Enjoy the show!" I say, ushering them out.

I rush into the wings and double check everything, as well as making sure a few other people were ready.

Well, while I have extra time, I might as well tell you what Love Never Dies is about. Love Never Dies is the sequel to The Phantom Of The Opera. Ten years after the opera house burns down, Christine receives a letter that asks her to perform at Coney Island. Her husband, Raoul de Changy, beats her, has gambled away all their money, and drinks like there's no tomorrow. So she goes to America to sing, and the phantom realizes that Christine's son, Gustave, is his. Christine has to choose between Raoul and the phantom, and ultimately chooses the phantom. But then Christine's old best friend, Meg Giry, falls in love with the phantom and becomes jealous of Christine and his relationship. So she kidnaps Gustave and threatens to kill him, but in turn ends up shooting Christine, killing her. The phantom takes Gustave as his father and it ends there.

It's really depressing, and hard to act out. And I also didn't die in Les Miz so this is a new experience.

So now I have to go on stage. I'm completely terrified. I hope I don't trip over my shoes, or on my huge dress. This could either be the performance of my life, or the worst thing I've ever done because I had a week to learn everything. Time to find out!