Chapter Thirty-Three

Two weeks later, a month and a half until the wedding

Today should be interesting. I'm going to tell Eddie's mum that I'm pregnant. By now, the only people who know are me, Summer, Sam, Felicity, and I let Sam tell Aaron.

Taking a deep breath, I walk up to the front door, knocking lightly. It takes Carol a few minutes to answer, but looks happy when she does.

"My beautiful future daughter-in-law!" She chimes, pulling me into a hug. "Is Eddie with you?"

"Hmm, no." I say nervously, closing the door behind me and stepping into the living room. "I came by to tell you a little bit of news."

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yes, more or less." I reply, sitting beside her. "There really isn't a way to dance around it, so, I'm pregnant." I grin, watching her face go from confused to relieved to extremely happy.

"Oh, Alice, that's amazing!" Carol squeals, hugging me tightly. "And Eddie doesn't know?"

"No, I have no clue how or when to tell him." I sigh. "Maybe at the wedding."

"How do you feel?" She asks, eyeing my stomach.

"I'm okay, I guess. I get morning sickness sometimes, nothing else other than that really. My back hurts occasionally. Eddie is really suspicious, though." I explain, sighing to myself.

"As long as he knows you're safe and healthy, he won't care." Carol says. "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"If I don't get home within the hour, Eddie is gonna have my head. I took me a while to convince him just to let me go out. I got sick this morning and he usually doesn't let me do anything when I do. So I should be going." I stand, heading toward the door. "And you can tell Jordan and Harry."

"I sure can do that." Carol hug me once more. "Oh! My first grandchild."

"I have a tiny bump." I say, my hand on my stomach. "Would you like to feel?" Slowly, she teaches her hand forward and rests it on my stomach. "It feels weird."

"Just wait until the baby kicks." She says. "Call me if you need anything, Alice."

"I will." I nod, waving goodbye and walking back to my car.

As I drive home, I start to not feel well, so I plan on going straight to bed at home. But when I get in, I see that Aaron, Sam, Felicity, and Charlie are on the couch with Eddie.

"I don't feel well. I'm going to bed." I say shortly, trudging up the stairs. "Felicity, Sam." I say, hoping they realize I want them to follow. And, thankfully, they do.

"Okay." I say, laying down in bed and looking at my two best friends. "I told Eddie's mum and she should tell his dad and sister." I continue. "But I want to go to the doctors to get a picture."

"When?" They ask.

"Two weeks, maybe." I say, feeling tired.

"You look crappy." Sam says.

"Go get some sleep. We'll stall Eddie." Felicity whispers. For whatever reason, they both kiss my forehead before leaving the room.

As much as I wanted to sleep, I couldn't. I'd been struggling to fall asleep because I'm always overwhelmed by my thoughts. And this was one of those times. Will Eddie leave me I tell him I'm pregnant? God, I hope not.