Chapter Twenty-Two

I wake up the next day around noon, surprisingly not still tired. Eddie wasn't beside me, though I didn't think he would be this late.

I trudge downstairs, braiding my hair down my back. I don't find it weird when I find that Eddie is curled up on the couch, watching yet another documentary about Stephen Hawking.

"Ali!" Eddie shouts when he sees me, running over to me. He spins me around in a hug, kissing my face all over, making me giggle. "I have to tell you something right now." He keeps me in his arms, holding me bridal style.

"Of course." I say, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You know how I've been obsessed with Stephen Hawking for a long time?" I nod, looking at him confused. "I couldn't tell you before, but I auditioned for a role in a movie about Stephen Hawking's life. And I got it!"

"Eddie, that's amazing. I'm so happy!" I turn and wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

"I'm so excited!" Eddie whispers in my ear.

"I'm excited too. We're both in movies." I grin, pecking his lips.

"Are you hungry?" Eddie asks, setting me back on my feet. He leads me into the kitchen and starts cooking me some simple lunch.

"When do you start filming?" I ask.

"Two days, about. When do you?" Eddie replies, sitting beside me.

"Two days, about." I mimic him, smiling teasingly.

We stay in silence for a while, Eddie just smiling at me. "Can I run something by you?" Eddie asks.

"Of course." I say, crossing my legs and turning to me.

"Do you wanna meet my parents? My mum won't shut up about meeting you, and I know a few of my cousins are coming over for dinner at my old house. And my mum invited me. And I also might have let it slip that you'll be here for a while, and my mum is actually gonna kill me if I don't bring you around and-"

"Eddie." I say, putting my hands on top of his. "If you'd stop babbling on, I'd be able to tell you my response."

"And that would be...?" Eddie says, trailing off.

"I'd love to meet your family, Eddie. You did meet mine, even if I did leave abruptly. I'm excited." I say, kissing his cheek. "When?"

"A week or two. I don't remember the exact date." He pauses for a second. "I suppose I should call my mum."

"That's smart." I smirk as he reaches into his pocket for his phone. "While you do that, have you heard of the Royal Albert Hall Theater?"

"It's an amazing theater, incredibly beautiful. Why are you asking?" He questions, searching for his moms contact in his phone.

"We're filming there." I say, reaching for my laptop on the other side of the counter. I look up the theater just to realize it's the most extravagant theater I'd ever seen. And I get to perform there.

"Hey Mum." Eddie says, sighing. "Yes I asked her.... She said yes... Yes.... Seven months...." Then she asks him something that makes him blush and look at me awkwardly. "Mum." I grin at him as she starts babbling. Obviously I can't hear, but I wish I could. "Alright, Mum, I gotta go. I'm busy."

"You're not busy." I point out, looking away from my laptop.

"Shh." Eddie hushes me.

I roll my eyes at him, looking at an email from Andrew with filming details. I soon learn that we will be doing live vocals. Nothing I'm not used to, I did it for Les Miz. But it's harder with Phantom.

"Bye!" Eddie shouts, hanging up. "That woman will be the death of me one day."

"She's your mother, Eddie. She wants to meet your girlfriend." I say, smiling at him still.

"My beautiful, amazing, talented, and sexy girlfriend." Eddie leans over, pressing our lips together. And he lifts me into his arms, carrying me to our room, shutting the door beside him.

Five days later

I push open the doors to the Albert Hall Theater and smile at the weird vocals coming from the stage. We're a weird bunch.

"Alice!" My Meg, Summer Strallen, runs up to me. "Andrew wants you."

She pulls me onto the stage and over to Andrew. He smiles at me and starts talking.

"We're going to fit you in all your costumes today. We're going in chronological order of the show." Andrew explains.

"Good, where do I go?" I ask, giving Summer my purse to put in my dressing room.

Andrew tells me to go to stage right, and I do so. A huge rack of dresses are waiting for me, with my hairdresser and stylist.

We get into the first costume, and I learn that I'll be wearing a death trap corset similar to the one from Love Never Dies.

For the next five hours, I put on costumes, show them to Andrew, and sing random parts of random songs in costume.

I trudge home, exhausted but excited to see Eddie again. Like always, he's curled up on the porch reading a Stephen Hawking book.

"Hello love." I sit beside him, pecking his lips. "You look tired."

"I did crap all day today. Just randomness. But Andrew said we're filming the first scene tomorrow. So I should do something useful, but I'm tired." I say, leaning my head against his shoulder.

I love moments like this. It's just Eddie and I, in our own little world with no one to bother us. I don't have to worry out here. It just makes me feel happy.

"Eddie." I whisper, keeping my eyes closed. "I wanna stay here."

"What?" He asks, looking at me.

I sit up, looking at him with a smile. "I love it here. I love the silence. I'm tired of listening to cars and buses outside my window every morning. And I don't wanna be away from you so much anymore. Soon enough it's gonna ruin our relationship and I have too much to lose with you." I explain.

"So you're moving in?" Eddie says.

"I mean, I don't wanna invite myself in-" he cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine.

"I'd be blessed to live with you." Something flickered in his eyes, but I'm not sure what it was. I choose to ignore it.

I'll be living with Eddie soon. And this time, it's permanent.