Chapter Ten

One month later

"Two days!" I shout, bouncing into the house where Eddie was on the couch.

"Shh!" He says, waving a hand in front of my face.

"What are you watching?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind him.

"A documentary about Stephen Hawking." He said quickly, turning his head to kiss my cheek.

"Why?" I asked, confused. He's usually not into this kind of stuff.

"No reason. Now, shh." He said, pulling away from me.

I roll my eyes, walking up to the bedroom to change out of my clothes from after the show.

I've been working tirelessly on the show, not having a break or a day off for the entire month. Usually, I go in at noon to rehearse and refresh my memory, and then have a show at seven. And another at three if it's a Wednesday; a two show day.

I put sweats on and grab a pillow and my book, going downstairs. Eddie was in the same position he was five minutes ago, entranced by Stephen Hawking's childhood.

I bounce over, placing my pillow on Eddie's lap. I lay my head down, opening my book and starting to read from where I had left off.

We stayed like that the rest of the night, when Eddie's movie ended, he put on another one- still about Stephen Hawking.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask, putting my book down.

"What, love?" Eddie asks, stroking my hair and looking down at me.

"Why are you suddenly so interested in Stephen Hawking?" I ask gently, a teasing smile on my face.

"I can't tell you, but I could end amazingly." He smiles, leaning down and kissing my forehead. "Now can I ask you a question?" I nod. "What's two days away?"

"The Les Miz premiere!" I cheer, sitting up suddenly.

"Oh ya."

"And I get my first day off from LND in a month!" I say, sounding more enthusiastic. "I got my dress."

"Can I see?" Eddie says, smirking.

"No. You'll see in two days." I reply, slapping his arm.

I lay my head back on his lap, smiling up at him. He puts his hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb across my skin.

"Dear, you look tired." Eddie whispers, kissing my forehead again. "You need some rest."

"I know. I'm exhausted." I huff, closing my eyes softly.

Next thing I know, Eddie has picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs. "I could've walked." I say, giggling tiredly.

"I know." He said, laying me down in bed before getting in beside me. "I love you Ali."

"I love you too."

The next day

Sam, Anne, and I had made plans last week to go out to the spa before my show at seven.

We headed out, saying a quick goodbye to Eddie. This is the first time in a long time that I've gotten to go out and relax. Which I felt bad about, because of Eddie. He understands that the whole reason I'm here is to work for Andrew, but I still want to spend time with him and go out.

I sit in between Sam and Anne as we start getting pedicures, just chatting about our lives.

"So how's Eddie?" Anne finally asks, which I was expecting.

I laughed, rolling my eyes playfully. "He still his amazing and handsome self."

"How many times has he gone to see the show?" Sam asks.

"About ten, I think." I say, racking my brain for the correct answer.

"Have you two had sex yet?" Anne blurts out, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Are these the questions you two ponder every day?" I say, rolling my eyes at them. "Yes, we have."

"Is he good?" Anne asks, suddenly excited.

"You're married!" I fight back.

"Doesn't matter." She dismisses me with a flick of her wrist.

"Is he?" Sam buts in.

"Yes, he is very good in bed." I say, giggling at them.

"And you two sleep together at night?" Anne continues.

"Yes." I answered.

"And do you wear a bra?" Sam continues.

"Why is this a relevant question?" I laugh, slapping Sam's shoulder.

"Because if you don't wear a bra when you sleep, that means that you're comfortable around him." She adds.

"well, we shower together, live together, sleep together. I'd say I'm comfortable around him." I conclude, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "It depends on how tired I am after a show, if I wear a bra or not. If I'm exhausted, I'll just strip off my clothes and sleep in a bra. But if I'm stable enough to keep my eyes open, I'll shower and change, and I most likely won't wear a bra."

They both nod, probably trying to think of new questions to ask about Eddie and I. But before they could, our toes were finished and we were ushered across the salon to do our fingers.

Anne and Sam continued to ask me random questions about Eddie and I, some I answered and the others I didn't.

After we got our nails done, we headed to a restaurant to get lunch. We chatted quietly, trying not to bring attention to ourselves. We didn't want paparazzi stalking us.

But, unfortunately, they did find out about our outing. We all said goodbye to each other and I left to go to the Adelphi for my show.

I pulled my aviator sunglasses on, and just as I was about to get out of my car, my phone buzzed. A picture of Eddie making a cute face popped up, making me giggle.

"Hello?" I answer, dreading getting out of my car.

"Hello love. I have to ask you a question." Eddie said quickly.

"Just hold on. I have to get through a sea of paparazzi." I pushed open my door and grabbed my bag, instantly being blinded by flashing lights.

It took my a good five minutes to get into the theater, but I eventually did. "Okay, what do you need to ask me?"

"When are you leaving?" Eddie asks.

"Hmm, I think about three weeks from now." Oh no. Only three more weeks with Eddie.

"Alright, dear, I'll let you go. I know you have a show. Bye, I love you." Eddie says quickly, then hangs up.

That was weird.

I hope you all picked up on my little *wink wink* at the beginning.