Chapter Thirty

After I landed, I was still being stalked by paparazzi, but I managed to push through. I stopped at the house to put my luggage away, but then got back in the car.

I drove to the studio where Eddie was filming to tell him I'm back, because I forgot to tell him I'm home. I use Alice Redmayne to get myself in again, and park close to the gate.

I make my way in, still ignoring the paparazzi that are trying to get a picture of me through the studio gates. I shout at them to go away, but that only adds fuel to the fire and they scream louder.

By now, I know my way around the studio. I find Eddie talking with Felicity and Charlie, so I stay behind as to now interrupt them. They talk for another minute before Charlie catches sight of me.

He gestures to me and Eddie whips around immediately. Looking around, he rushes to me.

"What the hell, Alice? Are you insane?" Eddie says.

"I think everyone knows I'm a little insane." I giggle at him.

"Alice, that was a stupid idea." He says.

"Maybe it was, but I had to get it out." I say, crossing my arms. "I don't wanna take your shit right now, Eddie. I'm going home."

"Alice, no." He groans as I walk away, but I'm already stomping away. I don't look back to see him chasing after me.

I speed home, jumping in the shower when I arrive. More of this Eddie being annoying shit.

I throw sweats on and sit on the couch, looking through a few of my Twitter notifications. Then I decide to post something to express my feelings to my fans.

By now, almost everyone has seen US weekly. Yes, I cut myself. Yes, I had an eating disorder. But I'm still the same me I was before the public had knowledge. I hope your opinion of me doesn't change with this knowledge. I still love my fans and I hope you still love me as well. 😘😘

Within seconds of me posting it, I had thousands of retweets and comments. Still, I ignored them.

When Eddie comes home an hour later, rushing over to me. "Alice, I'm sorry."

"Eddie, I just confessed my biggest secret to the world as the first thing you tell me is that I'm insane." I mumble, crossing my arms.

"You know that's not what I meant." Eddie insists, pulling me into his chest.

"I know." I whisper back. "But it was still annoying."

"I know it was." Eddie says, resting me in the lap and stroking my hair. "Why did you do that, Alice? You didn't have to."

"I don't really know why I did it." I sigh, laying my head on his chest. "I think I was just tired of us being the only people who knew."

"There's no problem with keeping a secret from the public." Eddie says.

"But I think-" I sigh, closing my eyes. "I don't know what I think."

"Do you regret doing it?" He asks softly.

"No. I only wish I could change was the existence of paparazzi." I laugh. He stays silent for a minute. "Did you go see my Grandma?"

"I had to, Alice." Eddie says, already starting to apologize.

"I'm not complaining." I shrug. "I just wish you would have told me."

"You didn't want to see her when we went there. I figured you'd be mad if I went behind your back and saw her." Eddie explains.

Dropping that subject, I turn and smile at him. "You asked my dad and Grandma for permission to marry me?"

He sighs, chuckling at me. "Ya."

"When did you even ask them?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I asked your dad when I met him. And it just so happens that he was there when I went to meet your Grandma. And, obviously, they both said yes." He explains.

"Even if they did say no, which I would think they would, you still should have proposed." I say, now wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Thankfully they didn't say no." Eddie chuckles, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"Thankfully." I giggle, leaning forward and pressing our lips together. And before I knew it, we were behind the closed doors of our bedroom.