Chapter Five

"Alice." My producer comes up to me as I get ready to go on stage a few weeks later. "You're off for the next week." And he walked away.

"Okay then." I said before running out on stage to begin the show.

After the show

I left the theater and headed to set to finish the day. I was already exhausted, but I might need to film something.

No one was in the green room at the time so I went to the Rue Plummet set. Aaron, Sam and Eddie were all talking by the gate, so I turned and walked away.

I don't want to be anywhere near Aaron. I've been ignoring him the past three weeks, and he hasn't even tried to talk to me. "Hey Alice!" Aaron shouted, waving me over to them.

I scoffed and turned around, hearing Eddie say don't try to talk to her, obviously she's mad at you. I went to another part of set and watched Hugh sing Who Am I?.

"Alice, you don't need to film anything today." Tom said, but still watching Hugh.

I nodded, yawning, and turned around. Eddie was walking towards me in his revolutionary costume. "I like it." I laughed as he did a little turn. "You're such a model." I said sarcastically.

Just as Eddie was about to say something, Sam and Anne came over and dragged me away from him. They brought me to the green room.

I sat on an empty table and crossed my legs under me. "I was having a conversation with Eddie, you know."

"You two are totally together." Sam beamed.

"Oh my god, we're not together!" I shouted, reaching over and grabbing a vine of grapes, popping one in my mouth.

"Or at least friends with benefits." Anne added, looking as happy as Sam.

"No." I shook my head. "You're making things up."

"You've at least kissed, or had sex, right?" Sam now sounded like she was begging.

Suddenly, Eddie came in the room and looked confused, shooting me a frantic look before the girls would see him. I hopped up, standing next to Eddie.

"Oh gosh, the sexual tension is just oozing from us." I said sarcastically. "I'm going home." I picked up my bag and walked out the door.

I showered when I got home and plopped in bed, immediately falling asleep.

One month later

I lay in bed with Eddie, dreading the next day at set; our last day. This had been the best experience of my life so far. I never wanted it to end. But there was something else I dreaded.

"So." I started softly, tearing up already. "I guess after tomorrow you'll be going home. To England."

"Sadly." He said back. "I wish you could come with me." He looked down at me with tears streaming down my face. "Oh, what's wrong, love?" He asked, swiping them off my cheeks.

"I just don't want you to go." I said, my voice shaking.

"I don't want to either, but I have things to do there. But you'll be there in a couple months for the premiere and then we'll do a bunch of press and interviews here and there." He softly pressed his lips to my forehead. "Okay?" I nodded. "Good."

We laid back down, though I couldn't fall asleep the whole night.

I got ready quickly the next morning, just throwing on ripped jeans and a v-neck tee shirt. I put my hair into a French braid down my back and slipped toms onto my feet.