Chapter Twenty-Three

Three days later, six days until dinner at Eddie's

We've successfully filmed the first three scenes of Phantom in the theater, which makes me happy something is actually happening.

Eddie has started The Theory of Everything, and from what I've heard, he's doing amazingly though this is a very hard role to portray. I have full faith in Eddie to pull this off, and drag an Oscar out with him.

"Okay, so today, we're filming Think of Me." Andrew says. "So get in that costume, we'll go over the song, and then film it."

I nod, running off to get my costume on. After that, Andrew is talking with someone so I start fooling around with Summer.

"So, let's do a turn contest." Summer says.

"I haven't danced in a long time." I say nervously. "Jess! Mandy! Come here and do a turn contest with Summer and I." I flag down two of my good friends who are just ensemble characters.

"Ok, one three go." Summer says, smirking at us. "Someone should record this! Alice could break a world record!"

"Doubtful." Mandy mumbles sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I growl towards her.

"Okay, three... two... one... go!" We all start turning, holding in our random laughter. "Count too!" Summer shouts randomly.

We go on for a while, until we're laughing to hard and can't keep balance. "I counted 132." I giggle, trying to catch my breath.

"Me too." Jess agrees, still giggling.

"Alright, enough shenanigans. We have to film." Andrew scolds us. "Come on Alice."

Six days later

"Eddie!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air in defeat. "I have no clue what to wear."

"Darling, you'd look beautiful in anything you wear." Eddie says, poking his head into my closet.

"But I can't just wear anything to meet your family." I mumble, sitting on the floor sadly.

"Alice." Eddie chuckles, sitting in front of me and grabbing my hands. "Stop stressing."

"I'm sorry." I whisper, burying my head in his chest. "I'm just tired, and stressed, and overworked."

"You've been working too hard. You need a break soon." Eddie says, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"I do." I agree, sitting up. "What time do we have to leave?" I ask, pushing myself off the floor.

"About a half hour." Eddie says.

I sigh, looking through my closet once more. After a few more minutes, I decide on an outfit. I pull on black jeans, a maroon sweater with a white collar, and maroon flats. I curl my hair lightly, decide against contacts and go with glasses, and grab a black clutch.

"You look absolutely beautiful." Eddie says, watching me walk in the living room.

"Thank you." I say timidly.

Eddie and I leave for his childhood house, me doing what I can to keep myself distracted. But then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I say nervously.

"Alice. I have to tell you something exciting!" Andrew shouts.

"Okay. What is it?" I already knew this would heavily involve me. We wouldn't be on the phone if I wasn't involved.

"We've been approved to record a cast album for the movie and the West End version of Love Never Dies. And we're doing a cast album for the LND movie. And we're also going to start filming promos in the next week or so that promote both movies and the Broadway production as well as the West End version." Andrew babbles on.

"Yay!" I say, trying to muster up my fake happiness. "That's great!"

"I'll see you tomorrow at the theater!" He says before hanging up.

"So Eddie." I sigh. "Remember that vacation I need?" He nods. "I'm now involved in the recording of three cast albums and promotions for both movies and both Phantom productions."

"Do I need to talk to Andrew for you?" Eddie says, being his normal protective self. I giggle, grabbing his hand. "You're working so much, and so hard. It's almost getting to be unhealthy."

"I'll be fine, Eddie." I smile lovingly. "I promise."

We seem to drop the subject after that, but my mind is still swirling. I have so much to do. I'm not involved in two movies, three cast albums, a Broadway show, a West End show, and I have to maintain a stable relationship with Eddie. And on top of that, being stalked by paparazzi at certain times.

Before I know it, Eddie is parked in front of his house. "Stop being so nervous." Eddie chuckles, kissing my temples.

"You know me, Eddie. I'm always nervous for everything." I mumble.

"But you shouldn't, in this situation. Be nervous to perform a show or audition for a movie, not to meet my family. They already act like they know you because I talk about oh all the time." Eddie blurts.

"You talk about me all the time?" I giggle. "You're cute."

"Uh huh, come on." Eddie and I get out, walking up to his house. He doesn't even bother to knock, just walks in. I giggle at him. "I lived here. My mum won't care."

"Eddie?" I hear his mum call from somewhere else.

Eddie sighs from beside me, squeezing my hand. "Here it goes." He whispers to me.

"Eddie!" His mum shrieks, running up and hugging him. I smile at them. "And you must be Alice. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." I smile as she hugs me briefly.

"I was waiting for Eddie to bing you over. We've been dying to meet the woman who's stole my little Eddie's heart." His mum chimes.

"Mum." Eddie says, blushing.

"Oh shush Eddie." I scold him softly.

"I love her already." Mrs. Redmayne giggles.

"Alright Ali, let's go inside." Eddie sighs, bringing me into the living room.

"Your mum seems nice." I tease him.

"She's a pain in my ass sometimes." Eddie whispers.

"Oh, be nice." I giggle, kissing his cheek.

"Eddie's home!" Mrs. Redmayne shouts from the kitchen as we enter the living room.

"Finally." A man, who I'm guessing is his dad, says from the couch. "It's only been ten months."

"I've been busy." Well, of course I know that's a load of crap because this movie is the first thing he's done since Les Miz, and he only starts filming two weeks ago. Of course I don't point anything out though.

"And who's this beauty?" Mr. Redmayne asks, now standing in front of us.

"Dad, this is Alice." Eddie says, squeezing my hand.

"It's amazing to finally meet you." He says, shaking my hand lightly.

"Likewise." I smile sweetly.

Just then, a girl, looking a few years younger than me, runs up to me. "Hi!" She cheers. "I'm Jordan, Eddie's sister."

"Hi!" I says, equally as happy.

"You are so talented and beautiful." She blurts out, making Eddie punch her shoulder playfully.

"Oh, thank you so much." I blush, hugging her.

Eddie and I sit down in the living room, just watching whatever was on the TV. Everything seems to be going well. Maybe I'm just stressing too much. Well, what else is new?