Chapter Thirty-Nine

Eight months pregnant

With only a month left of my pregnancy, I am more than overjoyed. Eddie and I still have yet to talk about baby names, but I'm going to ask him today.

I wake up in the morning, thankfully with no sickness. I go and take a shower, dressing in sweatpants and a tee shirt after. I braid my hair down my back and put my glasses on. My hair has gotten rather long, and now reaches my waist. It's hard to maintain, but I love long hair.

Eddie is drinking coffee and on his phone when I enter the kitchen, and smiles when I come in. "Good morning, love."

"Good morning." I say, kissing his cheek.

I make myself a cup of tea and sit across from him, still drowsy. My little girl keeps waking me up at night with her kicking, so I haven't gotten more than five hours of sleep every night for the past month. I literally can't wait for my due date.

"What are you thinking about?" Eddie asks, reading my mind.

"Just thinking about the baby, as usual." I say, pushing myself up and going into the living room.

I sit down and put the TV on, just for it to be turned off by Eddie a few second later. "Come on, let's talk." He says, sitting beside me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"You were staring into space. And I knew that look on your face. That look always means that you want to talk to me about something. So let's talk." He explains, grabbing my hand.

Gosh, he knows me so well.

"I just wanted to talk about baby names." I say, leaning my head in his shoulder.

"Oh. Okay." Eddie says, relived that it wasn't something bad. "Do you have any ideas?"

"I had a few, but they weren't perfect. You?" I ask, closing my eyes. Eddie puts his hand atop where the baby is kicking, rubbing circles around my belly button.

"Well, I like Angelina." He says, his other hand stroking my hair. The baby kicks harder at the sound of the name.

"Oh, I love it." I sigh, placing my hand atop Eddie's on my stomach.

"And we can call her Angel, because she'll be our little angel." Eddie continues.

"It's perfect. I love it." I say, kissing his cheek.

We stay silent for a while, just enjoying the peacefulness of our situation. It won't be like this for a while.

"Oh, my parents are still coming over for dinner in two weeks, right?" Eddie asks softly.

"Of course." I say.

"And my mum says that if you don't feel up to it, you can cancel. She won't mind." Eddie continues.

"Okay." I mumble. "We have a doctors appointment in an hour, right? Can I just go like this?"

"I don't care what you're wearing." Eddie says. "You look beautiful no matter what, darling." Here he goes with the compliments again. He's too good for me. Eddie reaches out and grabs my wrist, examining it. "It looks better. Have you cut much?"

"No. Not since the wedding and the pregnancy." I say, smiling up at him.

"Ali, that's amazing." Eddie says, kissing my wrist. "I'm proud of you."

"Alright, we gotta go now." I say, changing the subject.

We head over to the hospital and get in almost immediately. The doctor does his thing and pulls up a picture.