Chapter Twenty-Seven

By the time Friday rolls around, I'm almost at my breaking point. Eddie had been ignoring me all week, keeping his distance. It's almost like I wasn't there.

The only reason I hadn't screamed at him already was because I knew he was taking me out tonight. Maybe I'll get some answers as to why he's being so stupid and obnoxious.

"I'm going to take a shower." I say softly, pushing myself off the couch and heading towards the stairs.

"Can I join you?" Eddie teases, trying to put his hands on my waist, but I push them away.

"No." I say shortly, stomping up the stairs. An entire week of ignoring me and he tries to shower with me? No. Not going to happen.

"Come on Alice." Eddie sighs.

"You know what, Eddie, I'm really not happy with you right now. So let me have an hour of peace and I'll decide if I still wanna go out with you tonight." I spit, turning and slamming the bathroom door in his face.

"Alice. Come on, don't do this." Eddie says, banging on the door.

I throw open the door, staring at him. "Leave me alone. Please." I turn and slam the door again.

I strip off my clothes and head into the shower, turning it to the coldest setting. Eddie is really pissing me off.

I really want to go out with him tonight, but I'm nervous he's taking me out just to break up with me. Well, if he is, it'll have to happen eventually. Might as well not avoid it forever. If he has something to tell me, he should just say it.

I wrap myself in a towel and squeeze the water out of my hair, sighing. I walk downstairs to see Eddie lounging on the couch.

"Ali? Why are you shivering?" He say, sounding concerned.

I quickly drop his question. "What should I wear tonight?" I ask, pulling my towel tighter around my chest.

A smile creeps onto his cheeks. "Something nice. Maybe a dress. It's really nice outside."

I nod, running back upstairs to my closet. It takes a few minutes but I pull out a pink and white ombré dress with a deep v-neck. I step into light pink heels and dry my hair off. I twist my hair into a braid updo, but keep a few pieces down to frame my face. I double check that my E necklace is on. I grab a mint green clutch, shoving my phone in it.

When I walk downstairs, Eddie is leaning against the front door, tapping his foot. Whether he was waiting for me, or nervous to break up with me, I'll never know.

"Wow." He says, standing up at the sight of me. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I blush, patting my dress down.

"Ready to go?" Eddie asks, holding his arm out for me. I nod, linking my arm with his.

Eddie drives us to our favorite restaurant, the car ride being silent. We sit down quickly, ordering almost immediately because we've been here so much and know what we went.

"Alice." Eddie says, leaning over the table and grabbing my hand. He presses his lips to my palm. "I'm sorry I've been acting weird this week."

"Why?" I ask.

"I'm just stressed with filming. I'm sure you can relate." Eddie says.

"Ya, I can." I sigh. "I'm sorry I got upset with you."

"No, you had a right to be." Eddie shakes his head at me. "I'm sorry." He repeats, kissing my hand again.

"It's okay, Eddie." He gives me a look. "Really, it is. We're both just too overworked."