Chapter Nineteen

"Are you nervous?" I ask, glancing over at Eddie in the passenger seat.

"Should I be?" Eddie replies.

I laugh, turning onto my street. "No. My family doesn't care what you look like or anything. All they care about is if I'm happy."

"And are you?" Eddie asks, grabbing my hand.

"I'm not even going to answer that question." I giggle. "You make me so happy, there aren't even words to describe my happiness with you."

"That's amazing to hear." Eddie says, kissing the top of my hand. "So who will I be meeting today?"

"My parents, my brother and sister, maybe a few of my cousins." I say, pulling up in front of my house. "My family is a little bit crazy. But I'm way worse than them, so you should be fine."

"Ya, I'm used to your weirdness by now." Eddie smirks.

I slap his shoulder, rolling my eyes. "You're mean." I mumble. "But come on, we're here."

We both get out of the car, me grabbing my clutch and checking the time on my phone. Right on time.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful today?" Eddie says as he wraps his arms around my waist.

I giggle as he kisses my temple. "Yes you did. Many times."

"You're just too beautiful. I had to tell you again." Eddie smirks. I'm about to lean in to kiss him but someone telling interrupts us.

"Come on Romeo and Juliet! Mom is waiting!" My brother, Justin, shouts from the door.

Sighing, I pull away from Eddie's lips. I glance at him once more before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the steps up the porch.

"Justin, you always have to ruin the moment." I tease, hugging him. He wraps his arms around my waist, spinning me around. "Oh god, too much movement. I'm lazy these days."

"Not too much of a shocker." Justin says, placing me back on my feet. "Hey, I'm Justin. Alison's brother."

"Eddie." He says, them shaking hand. "And wow." Eddie smirks at me. "Alison?"

"Shut up." I mumble, grabbing Eddie's hand and pulling him inside. "I'm home!" I shout into the house.

I pull Eddie into the living room, where my mom, sister, and two aunts are watching tv. "Oh! Alison!" My mom chimes, jumping up and pulling me into her arms. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my sister, Santana, approach Eddie. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too." I say, hugging my mom back. "Mom, please no Spanish today."

"Por que?" She asks, looking upset.

"Because Eddie doesn't know Spanish and I don't want to be translating all night." I explain, pulling away from her.

"Ugh, fine. I'll only speak it to you, though. When we don't want him to know what we're saying." She smirks. "Now let me meet this boy."

"Eddie." I say, making him turn away from his conversation with my sister. "Come here." He smiles at her once more before walking over to me. "Eddie, this is my mom."

"Hello Mrs. Greene, it's so nice to meet you." Eddie says, shaking her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too." She says, shooting me a grin.

I leave them to talk while I go to speak with my sister. "And look what the cat dragged in." She says. "Alison."

"Santana." I smile back, hugging her. "Is Justin annoying you too much?"

"Every second of every day of every week of every year that I live in this house." She says, shuttering.

"I'll have to hug him myself." I say, pulling away from our hug. "And your boyfriend?"

"What about him?" I ask, glancing at Eddie.

"He's so hot." She whispers, smiling at me teasingly. "And his accent makes me want to swoon and pass out."

"He's mine. Stop staring." I say, slapping her arm. "Where are the little monsters?"

"They're all in the back room. Probably beating each other up." Santana shrugs. "You got a really good one there."

"Alison!" My aunts shriek, running up and hugging me.

"Aunt Lisa and Aunt Sue." I giggle, hugging them back. "Please let me breathe."

"Sorry." Aunt Lisa says. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"He's talking with mom-" I didn't get to finish my sentence before they ran away. "Good to know I'm loved."

I left Eddie to talk to my aunts and mom, going into the back room where all my little cousins are. Our back room is full of toys. Anyone could guess that that's their favorite room in the house.

"Hello?" I knock on the door, a smile on my face.

"Alice!" The five kids cry, jumping into my arms. Finally. Someone calling me Alice. "We missed you!"

"I missed you all too." I say, hugging them back and giggling.

"Mommy told me you have a boyfriend!" My only female little cousins, Scarlett, says with a cute smile.

"She did?" I say, resting her on my hip.

"How can you have a boyfriend? Boys have cooties." She says, making a disgusted face.

"We don't have cooties!" My other cousin, Thomas, says. Patrick, Ryan, and Teddy all look as offended as Thomas.

"Oh really?" I say to Scarlett, raising my eyebrows. I wave goodbye to the boys and carry her into the living room where Eddie is sitting with Justin and Santana. "Does he have cooties?"

Her eyes widen at the sight of him. She lets out a giggle. "He's cute."

"Hey, he's my boyfriend." I tease, tickling her stomach. She lets out a loud giggle. "Alright, go play with the boys."

"Alice, can I stay with you?" Scarlett asks, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Sure." I smile.

I walk back over to the living room and sit beside Eddie, glancing at him. He seems to be doing fine. "What are we talking about?" I asked, crossing my legs and sitting Scarlett in my lap.

"The Oscars." Eddie smiles, waving cutely at Scarlett who buried her head in my shoulder.

"Ugh, let's not." I groan. "Where's Dad?" I ask my siblings.

"Him and the uncles went shopping for supplies for mom." Justin says.

"So she can cook?" I ask, they nod. "Eddie, if you like my cooking a lot, just wait until you eat what my mom makes. She's even better than me."

"If what you say is true, then I'm excited." Eddie smirks at me. I don't think tonight will be too bad.