Chapter Thirty-Two

Now with only a month left of filming for Eddie and I both, there's five months until the wedding. I'm excited to marry him. I can't wait.

Carol has my dress in her house, just so I know Eddie won't try to take a peek at it. He knows I'll beat his ass if he does look at it, but I decide to take extra measures.

Today, we filmed my solo song in a creepy cemetery. It was giving me weird vibes, but it made it easier to sing the song with more feeling. But the only problem is that I was doing live vocals, so I did the song a total of twenty seven times before the vocals were perfect.

I was exhausted when I got home to Eddie, just to find he wasn't there. Then I checked my phone to see that he texted to me to say he wasn't going to be home until sometime around midnight.

I made myself a quick dinner then went to take a shower. After I showered, I threw on a crop top and shorts, ten stepped on the scale. Well, at least I've dropped five pounds. Thank god I'm not gaining weight. Humming to myself, I trudge into the bedroom and flop in bed and curl up under the covers.

The next month passes quickly with lots of filming and finishing our movies, and doing the last of wedding planning.

"And now." I say, closing my laptop. "We can finally spend time together."

"Yup." Eddie says, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer. "No movies to worry about. For the next five months, it's just you, me, and a wedding."

"I can't wait to be your wife." I whisper, giggling at him.

"And I can't wait to be your husband." Eddie replies.

"Oh!" I squeal, sitting up. "Did I tell you that Sam and Aaron went on a date?"

"Aaron told me he was gonna ask Sam out, but wasn't sure how. So I let him borrow my romantic genius ideas." Eddie boasts, smiling confidently at me.

"Romantic genius?" I say, raising my eyebrows at him. "Cute."

"Alright, what should we do today?" Eddie asks.

"Hmm, I wanna lay here in bed with you." I say, rolling over and straddling him.

"And maybe do some of this." Eddie leans forward and presses our lips together. And things go from there.

Three months later, two months until the wedding

For the tenth time this month, I wake up and sprint to the bathroom, throwing up. "Ali?" Eddie calls, holding my hair back. "You need to go the doctor." I sit back and wipe my mouth, looking up at him.

"Feeling better?" Eddie asks, brushing the hair out of my face. I nod weakly, using his assistance to stand up. "Promise me you'll go to the doctor."

"I have a dress fitting today." I say, curling back up in bed. "But I'll go tomorrow."

Eddie lays beside me and I lay my head on his chest, wondering what could be wrong with me. I've gained almost ten pounds this month, and I keep getting sick in the morning. And, damn it, my boobs hurt.

After a few hours of Eddie and I sitting in silence, I have to leave to go to my dress fitting with Summer and Sam. They come to pick me up and I sit in the backseat, trying to ease my stomach.

"Girl, you okay?" Summer asks, turning to look at me.

"Something is totally wrong with me." I mumble, sitting up and opening my eyes again.

"What's wrong with you?" Sam asks, pulling up to the bridal salon.

"I have no clue." Us three get out and walk into the salon. I give them my name and an assistant takes me into a fitting room.

The zipper gets a tiny bit stuck around my stomach, which is probably because I've been gaining random weight. I go out to show the girls the dress, to see them nervously chatting with each other.

"What?" I ask, looking between them. My stomach starts gurgling and I shuffle back and forth on my feet.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks.

"My stomach is doing rolls and flops." I mumble. "I've been getting sick in the morning, my boobs hurt, and I literately just gained ten pounds this month alone."

Suddenly, the two girls sit up. I look at them with a confused expression. They squeal loudly and run over to me. They grab my hands and pull me back into the fitting room.

"Honey, you might wanna sit down." Summer grins.

"What?" I ask urgently.

"When the last time you and Eddie had sex?" Sam blurts out.

"I can't remember. We have sex all the time." I shrug, beginning to take my dress off. I put my jeans and sweater back on, still staring at the girls.

"And when was your last period?" Summer asks gently.

I pause, finally realizing what they're saying. "You don't think I could be-"

"Morning sickness, sore boobs, weight gain, and I know that you've been craving ramen noodles for the past two weeks." Sam says.

"Damn, now I really want ramen noodles." I mumble, biting my nails. "Do you really think I'm pregnant?"

"We might as well just have you take a test so you don't go out drinking with a bun in the oven." Summer says.

"Summer!" Sam scolds, slapping her arm.

"I'm definitely taking a test." I say. "But we have to go in disguise. I don't want Eddie to know yet and the tabloids will chew me up and spit me out for it."

"I have a bunch of wigs and sunglasses at home. We'll stop there and then go back out." Sam says, and we leave the salon.

I stay silent the whole ride, my mind swirling with thoughts. Does Eddie want a baby? Do I want a baby? And we're getting married in a few months! Plus, after that, both of our movies are coming out three months after the movie premieres. Is this baby even-

"Alice? Are you okay back there?" Summer asks.

"Just thinking." I mumble.

After us three dress up in wigs and sunglasses that look normal, we head out to the store. We debate on which pregnancy test to buy, but we give up and ask an employee. Summer decides to talk in a southern accent, which sounded horrible because of her British accent.

I buy a bunch of tests and we head back to Sam's house, me still on edge. I could be pregnant! That's terrifying.

We take our wigs and glasses off, and I go to take a bunch of the tests. While we're waiting for the results, my phone buzzes. "Shit. It's Eddie. What do I do? What do I say?"

"Just act normal." Sam says.

"You're an actress. Use it." Summer says.

Calmly, I answer the phone. "Hi Eddie."

"Alright, what's wrong?" He says off the bat.

"What do you mean what's wrong?" I ask innocently, looking at the girls panicked.

"You never answer the phone with Hi Eddie. What's wrong? Come on, love, talk to me." Eddie pleads.

"I think I'm gonna stay with Sam tonight. I just want a girls night." I say. It probably wasn't the best thing to say in this situation, but it's what popped into my mind.

"No." Eddie says.

"No?" I snap.

"Alice, you've been on and off sick all month. You threw up this morning. Please, baby, just come home." Eddie is begging now, and my heart breaks.

"Okay, I'll be home in an hour." I say, hanging up after.

"Smooth." Sam says sarcastically. "The test has five minutes."

So we sit in silence for five minutes, awaiting the test results. But then the alarm goes off.

"The moment of truth." Summer whispers.

I push myself off the couch and slowly trudge into the bathroom. I take one last breath before looking down at the test results.