Chapter Thirty-Eight

Seven months pregnant

Eddie and I have been doing lots of press and interviews for our movies, and all has been going well.

We decided we wanted to know the gender of our baby. So last month, Eddie and I were overjoyed to find that we're having a baby girl!

This week, Eddie and I are flying out to America so us, Felicity, and Summer can go on Jimmy Fallon. It's mine and Eddie's second time, but Felicity and Summer have never been on.

All four of us traveled together, and arrived in one piece. Thankfully. Summer and Felicity are staying wherever, but Eddie and I are staying at my house.

We just relax at home for the day before we head to the studio for Jimmy Fallon. This time, Eddie and I share a dressing room.

Kate does my hair in waves and does my makeup naturally, the routine. She dresses me in a v neck white and peach dress with peach flats. I keep my glasses on because I'm too lazy to wear contacts.

Again, I'm the first one up, so I have to go quickly. My baby decides to go easy today and not pound my rib cage, so I'm thankful.

Jimmy introduces me and I walk on, smiling and waving to the audience. "Welcome back to the show." Jimmy says, giving me a quick hug.

"Thank you for having me back." I say, sitting down and immediately putting my hand in my stomach.

"We have a lot to talk about." Jimmy says.

"I expected that." I laugh softly.

"You just got married, you're pregnant, you were just in a new movie, and a while ago, you did a very inspiring magazine spread. But we'll only talk about that briefly." Jimmy says.

"Alright. Where do we start?" I ask, folding my hands over my stomach.

"Actually, I was hoping we could start with some questions from fans on Twitter. Do you mind?" Jimmy asks, pulling out an IPad.

"Let's do it." I say excitedly.

"First question. When did you make your Broadway debut, and what show was it?" He starts.

"My debut was in Phantom, when I was sixteen." I say, remember all those years ago.

"Wow, sixteen. That's crazy." Jimmy says. "Next one, do you ever get hate?"

"I've gotten a lot of hate lately, actually." I say, sitting up.

"What? Why? You're so amazing and talented." Jimmy says, sounding shocked.

"I've gotten a lot of hate because of my confession I cut. And because I got pregnant before my wedding. Even though no one knew, people can do math." I sigh.

"Right, your pregnancy. Now, I have an interesting picture here that I'd like for you to explain." He pulls out a picture of Sam, Summer, and I from when we bought the pregnancy test.

"Haha!" I laugh, looking at the picture of us in wigs and sunglasses. "Okay, that was right after I had a dress fitting. Them two were the ones who put the idea in my head. So we decided to dress up in wigs and sunglasses to go buy pregnancy tests. I didn't want anyone to know it was us, and then have word get around to Eddie before I could tell him. So that was the solution." I laugh, still staring at the picture.

"And how did you tell Eddie?" Jimmy asks, putting the picture away.

"I told him at our wedding, actually." I say, smiling at the memory.

"That's sweet." Jimmy says. "So you were just in Phantom. It's been out in theater and it's the number one movie in the box office."

"I know! It's so exciting!" I say, smiling again.

"This movie truly is amazing, and your singing is beautiful." Jimmy says. I can feel something brewing, and I know it won't be good.

"Oh, thank you." I blush, taking my hands away from my stomach.

"And since I know you've performed this show many times, and did live vocals, I was wondering if you'd want to perform the title song." Jimmy pulls out a microphone and juts it out towards me. "Only if you're okay with it because of the baby and stuff."

"Oh no! It's totally okay!" I say, grabbing the mic and standing. The audience starts clapping for me. "Who am I performing with?"

"I was hoping you'd do it with me." Jimmy says, pulling out a microphone for himself.

"Of course!" I say, bouncing to the stage. "I haven't been able to perform since the baby came along, so I'm so excited!" I squeal. "What key?" I ask The Roots.

"F Major." Jimmy says.

"Good." I nod, standing next to Jimmy as the music starts.

"In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me
And speaks my name
And do I dream again
For now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind

Sing once again with me
Our strange duet
My power over you
Grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me
To glance behind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your mind

Those who have seen your face
Draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear

It's me they hear

My/your spirit and your/my voice
In one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your/my mind

He's there the Phantom of the Opera!

In all your fantasies
You always knew
That man and mystery

Were both in you

And in this labyrinth
Where night is blind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your/my mind

He's there, the Phantom of the Opera.

Sing, my angel of music!

Sing for me!

Sing my angel of music!

Sing for me!" I sing the final runs at the end, making the audience go crazy.

Jimmy and I bow and I walk off stage, happy that I performed, but completely exhausted.

I go back to the dressing room to find that Eddie, Felicity, and Summer are all in there. "Hey, you did good-" I cut Eddie off by falling onto the couch, immediately falling asleep.

I was waken a while later by Summer and Felicity shaking my shoulders. "We figured you'd want to see Eddie's interview. He's the last one." Summer says.

I sit up and rub my eyes, listening into him and Jimmy talking. "So how is Alice?" Jimmy asks.

"Oh, I have no clue. She fell asleep the second she got in the dressing room." Eddie says, shrugging, making everyone laugh. "But other than that, she's good. Like every other pregnant woman, she's over being pregnant and wants the baby out, but we're almost there. Three more months."

"And do you know the gender?" Jimmy asks.

"Yes, we are having a girl." Eddie says proudly.

I smile, but put my head back down and fall asleep. The next time I wake up, I'm in bed at home. How I got here, I'm not sure. But I sure am happy to be in bed. And my little girl starts pounding her feet into my stomach, refraining me from going back to sleep. I can't wait until this baby is out!