Chapter Seventeen

Two weeks pass

I've gotten so much publicity over the past weeks for my performance, mostly great things. A bunch of us are going on Jimmy Fallon this week.

Kate said she going to meet me at the studio so I can get ready there. I dress in just sweats and drive to the studio building Jimmy Fallon films in.

I have to push through loads of paparazzi to get into the door. The paparazzi have been stalking me since my performance, shouting the stupidest and most random questions ever. I hate paparazzi.

I get directed to my dressing room and Kate is there. "Hey Alice." She says, hugging me. "Where's Eddie and Sam?" They both have interviews after me.

"They'll be here in a few minutes." I say, sitting down in my makeup chair. "Same makeup as always. Natural to make my eyes pop."

"Good." She does my makeup quickly and curls my hair to where it ends at my hips. "You're hair is so long."

"Alright, let's get dressed." I say, standing up.

"Okay, we're gonna continue with our string of taking fashion risks." She pulls out a skirt and crop top with a blue Galaxy print.

"And this is why you're my stylist." I say, smiling at her. "I absolutely love it."

I pull it on, smiling as I look at my reflection. "You look kick ass." Kate says.

"Where's Eddie's room?" I ask.

"Across the hall. I'm gonna head out. Good luck and don't fall." She smiles, waving goodbye.

I go across the hall and knock on his door, smiling at him. "Hello love. Come in."

Eddie and I sit down on the couch, and I find that Sam is already there. "I want a boyfriend." She says as Eddie wraps his arms around me.

"Got your eye on anyone, Sammy?" Eddie asks teasingly.

She blushes immediately. "Maybe." She says quietly.

"Oh my god!" I shriek. "Who?!"

"You guys can't tell anyone." Sam says quickly.

"Of course not." Eddie says.

"It's totally Aaron, isn't it?" I say. She looks away from me, blushing. "And I just happen to know he likes you back."

"Really?" She asks, her eyes lighting up.

"He told me too." Eddie says. "I'll talk to him for you, Sammy."

"Thank you!" She squeals, hugging both of us.

Then there's a knock at the door. "Alice, you're on." A stage hand said.

"Alright, wish me luck." I say, standing. "Do I still look good?"

"You always look beautiful, Ali." Eddie smiles.

"Thanks." I blush, bouncing out of the dress room.

Jimmy introduces me and I come out, smiling and waving. I hug him and sit down, flattening out my skirt.

"How are you, Alice?" Jimmy asks.

"I'm so nervous." I say truthfully.

"Nervous? Why are you nervous? Oh right, this is your first time on a talk show." Jimmy says.

"Yes it is. It's really weird." I say, tapping my feet against the floor.

"Don't be nervous. I'm not mean." Jimmy says.

"Alright." I nod.

"So you just performed at the Oscars." Jimmy says. "And you were amazing. The best performance that I've seen in a long time, from anyone." Everyone claps.

"Oh thank you!" I say, blushing.

"Were you nervous?" Jimmy asks.

"I was completely terrified. Because I only had a month to learn the songs. So I thought I wasn't ready at all. But I guess it turned out pretty well." I say, shrugging, finally becoming comfortable.

"And I heard something crazy went on backstage after you performed. What happened?" He asks.

"Oh, ya, that." I giggle nervously. "After I performed, I went off stage and I thought I was gonna pass out, and I almost did."

"What made you almost pass out though?" Jimmy asks, interested.

"I was wearing a 200 pound black dress. And the lights, for whatever reason, where I was standing, were really bright and hot. So they got me out of that dress in seconds and into my old one, and I had to sit down for a while to like regain strength."

"And then you had to go on to sing One Day More." Jimmy adds.

"Yes I did. And I almost passed out on stage." I smile teasingly to the audience. "I was back under those wonderful lights so I started getting dizzy again. And before I continue, let me just say that I have the best boyfriend in the world."

"Of course, we have to talk about Eddie." Jimmy adds. "We'll get to him."

"Alright. So just as we got to the end of the song and we were doing to final notes, I was just about to pass out. And Eddie, being his amazing self, saw that I was dizzy and my knees were about to give out. So he came behind me and was like holding me up while we sang."

"He is the best boyfriend." Jimmy adds.

"Yes he is."

"Now I'd like to ask you a question." Jimmy says, smiling at me. "I noticed this while you were performing. The heels that were a couple feet away from you."

"Before I say why they're the rest, I'd like to prove my weirdness. When I get really, really nervous, my feet shake." I say.

"Your feet? I've never heard that before." Jimmy laughs.

"Like I said, I'm weird. But at the last second, as the curtain opened, I decided that I wouldn't be able to perform with those heels on, so I kicked them off. Clearly they didn't get all the way off stage." I giggle.

"I agree with you. You are very weird." Jimmy laughs. "And this performance was very secretive. No one knew." I nod. "Was there ever a time you almost said that you were performing, or something just got out?"

"I have two short stories actually." I giggle. "First one is when we were at rehearsals the day before the Oscars. We had a break and Eddie, Sam Barks, and I were all talking. And in walked my manager with Whitney's manager. And Eddie's is like 'isn't that your manager Alice?'. I just walked over and told them we weren't done. And everyone there was super suspicious after that."

"And the other time?" Jimmy asks.

"We all went out for lunch after rehearsals. And when we got to the theater at first, Sam saw the dress that I wore in the wings. At lunch, Sam started talking. She asked about the dress and why Whitney's manager had shown up. And Anne literately said that maybe they're doing a Whitney tribute. She guessed exactly what I was doing." I laugh.

"And what did you say?" Jimmy asks.

"I sat there and I went 'oh no, that would be really stupid if they did that. I would hate that.'" He laughs, high fiving me. "And that proves my acting skills."

"Alice, thank you so much for coming on the show. Your performance was simply amazing." Jimmy says.

"Thank you for having me." I say. After that, my interview is over. I'm completely relieved.