Chapter Eighteen

After my interview, I go backstage to sit with Eddie while Sam goes to do hers. As she starts, Eddie turns to me.

"Best boyfriend ever?" He teases.

"I only speak the truth." I say back. We sat in silence for a couple minutes, just listening to Sam speak with Jimmy Fallon. "Eddie." I say, almost in a whisper. "I was thinking..."

"This could end badly." Eddie teases, smirking at me.

"You're annoying." I mumble. "No, I was gonna say, my mom invited me back home for dinner tomorrow night. Wanna come with me?"

"I'd love to." Just as he kisses me, then door bursts open.

"Mr. Redmayne, you're needed on stage." The stage hand says as Sam comes in.

"Break a leg." I shout at him as he walks out. "You did good, Sammy."

"Thanks. You did good too." Sam smiles back.

We watch Eddie's interview for a couple minutes, but wind up leaning against each other and falling asleep. We're waken up a while later by Eddie talking about us.

"Ya." He says to Jimmy. "Filming A Heart Full of Love was one of the most fun scenes to film with the girls. It was just all laughs all the time."

"Since it was so fun, mind if we bring the girls back out so you can sing it?" Jimmy says. Suddenly, Sam and I are wide awake and watching for Eddie's reply.

"If they're good with it." Eddie says, flashing his smile.

"Oh my god. I'm gonna kill him." Sam mumbles, standing up with me at her side.

"So we'll go to a commercial break, and you three can warm up and get ready during then." Jimmy says to Eddie, who nods and smiles again.

As he goes to break, Sam and I walk out on stage to meet up with Eddie, who's still smiling. "She's gonna kill you." I tell Eddie quietly.

"We were sleeping." Sam says grumpily.

"Well, get over it." Eddie says, kissing my temple.

We ask The Roots of we can borrow their piano so we can do warmups, and they gladly let us do it. Eddie leads, since Sam and I can't play.

He makes us do the most random and stupid warmups, just to get us laughing and energetic.

"Alice, you're not even doing it right." Eddie laughs, making Sam and I laugh as well.

"It's a freaking stupid warmup anyway." I mumble, slapping Eddie's shoulder.

A few stage hands come over to give us microphones and the three of us go on stage to just do simple blocking. Sam stands of the the side, and Eddie and I just kinda stand there, sing, and stare at each other.

We stand there talking for another couple minutes while the commercial break is ending, until Jimmy introduces us again and we start singing.

For whatever reason, we all have to contain our laughter through the performance because we're trying to professional. But the second we end on harmony and Jimmy says goodnight, we burst into laughter.

"That's one of the craziest things I've ever done." I giggle, grabbing Eddie's hand as we walk off stage, waving to the audience.

"Besides learning an entire new show in a week?" Eddie adds, smiling at me.

"No, that's still number one, but this is totally number two." I say, laying my head on his shoulder. "You two wanna come to the show tonight?"

"Sure." Sam squeals.

"Okay, well call time was an hour ago, so you guys can come hang out backstage until the show starts." They nod, walking out with me.