Chapter Four

OLYMPIA, WA. September 25 1990.

"So... How'd it go?" Aurora asks, looking at Dave as he's coming in the apartment, he looks down, as if he hasn't made the cut. "I-I" Dave stutters, "I made it!" He exclaims, "D, that's awesome!" Aurora says, running over to him and wrapping her arms around him. He embraces her hug, "I'm in Nirvana." He says, as if doesn't quite believe it yet himself. "You bet." Aurora states, pulling away from him.

Over the past few days Aurora and Dave have gotten closer, particularly hugging one another as a friendly gesture.

"I knew you'd do it." Aurora states. "And guess what?" Dave asks as he moves to the fridge, "What?" Aurora asks, "I have a date soon." Dave reveals, before pouring himself a cup of juice.

Aurora suddenly feels a pain in her chest, it's as if someone stabbed her right in the heart.

"That's great." Aurora manages to spit out, "You don't sound very enthusiastic." Dave states as he moves over to Aurora. "I'm gonna be lonely, that's all." Aurora says, "I won't be with her 24/7. I don't even know if she's worth it. That's what's tonight for." Dave states as he takes a seat at the small dining table. "Right." Aurora says.

"How did you guys meet?" Aurora asks, "It was earlier this year, when I was still with Scream." Dave states, and Aurora nods, knowing that was his previous band before Nirvana. "We actually became an 'item' you could say during one of our tours, but then we had to break it off on good terms as our tours were separating us too much." Dave explains. "It'll be good to see her properly after so long." He then states, and Aurora smiles. "I just hope she hasn't changed too much." Dave says, "Change can be a good thing." Aurora says, "Not always." Dave states.

"So, tell me more about the try out?" Aurora asks, wanting to get off that topic. "Well, what can I say. I crushed it." Dave says, "Don't be so arrogant." Aurora says, slapping him lightly. "Kurt and Krist made me play some Nirvana material and they were impressed. So I got into the band." Dave explains, "I'm proud of you." Aurora states, "But you better watch your back because if you piss me off you know I could easily take your place." Aurora states, standing up and moving to the freezer. "Oh, I'm so scared." Dave says sarcastically.

Dave flips open a magazine as Aurora looks into the freezer for her ice-cream, though she has no hope.

"David Eric Grohl." Aurora says sternly, turning around slowly from the fridge. "Aurora Arlandria Adams." Dave says, looking up from the magazine he was reading. He notices her facial expression, "I didn't do it!" Dave throws his hands up into the air. "So you didn't eat my ice-cream?" Aurora asks, "Well..." Dave trails off. "I had a long day at work, and I wanted a treat!" Aurora groans. She instantly runs over to Dave, though he's already onto her. He runs through the house with Aurora hot on his tail, then opening the front door and running into Kurt's apartment, quickly closing and locking the door behind him.

Dave slowly turns around and soon notices Kurt and a woman on the couch with him. "Hi." Dave says awkwardly, waving slightly. "Dave, this is Tobi." Kurt says, gesturing to the woman next to him. "Nice to meet you." Dave says, smiling.

Suddenly, Kurt's back door comes flying open and Aurora is standing in his kitchen. "Have mercy." Dave states, unlocking the door slowly. Aurora runs over to the door and Dave quickly opens it and runs out. Aurora turns around and looks over to Kurt and the woman next to him, "Hey Kurt." She says, panting slightly. "Hi Aurora." He replies. "This is Tobi." He says, "Hi, nice to meet you." She says, smiling, and the woman just sits there slightly concerned with what's happening. "Alright, you kids have fun." Aurora says, winking at the two, before closing the door and going back into her apartment.