Chapter Thirty-Seven

SEATTLE, WA. February 14th 1991.

The dreaded day has arrived.

February 14th, Valentine's Day.

Aurora didn't quite know what to do for today, after all, her past relationships didn't usually last this long, but she did find out some stuff to do with Dave, wanting to treat him more than ever.

On Monday, Aurora gathered Simon, Cherise, and Katarina to sort out shifts, but she knows those three will just disregard those times and roll in at the start of the day till the end of the day and just sit with Aurora all day, talking Top 5's and listening to music, maybe even catching a show at a nearby club.

Katarina has school however so she might not always be able to come in, which Aurora completely understands.

Aurora decided that today the shop would be closed, so then everyone in the store can spend time with their significant other.

Aurora turns around and rubs her eyes, then adjusts them to the unfamiliar light in the room. It takes her a few seconds to realise that Dave is leaning against the doorway, a rose in between his teeth.

Aurora laughs as he makes his away over to her, taking the rose out of his mouth and putting it into her hands, "For you, my love." Dave says dramatically, only making Aurora laugh harder.

"Oh come on, I was trying to be romantic!" Dave says embarrassingly, folding his arms over his chest and sitting beside Aurora's feet.

Aurora sits up, "Well I think it was very romantic." She says, kissing his cheek, before getting standing up out of bed, "Funny but romantic." She adds, walking out of the room, to see the dining table stocked with food from head to toe.

There's loads of pancakes and waffles stacked on top of each other, drowning in maple syrup. Then there's a bowl of fruit right beside it, along with some eggs and bacon on a large plate. To conclude, there are several croissants on another plate, which looks particularly tasty to Aurora.

"Wh-What's all this?" Aurora asks, gazing at the food ahead of her before turning around to Dave.

"A late breakfast." He says, shrugging it off as if it were nothing.

"Yeah, a breakfast for ten." Aurora states, chuckling, watching as Dave takes out Aurora's chair for her, waiting till she sits down to push it back in.

"Just you wait, I have a lot planned for today." Dave says as he pours juice into her cup, then his.

"Well I hope you've left tonight for me to treat you?" Aurora asks anxiously, and Dave smiles, "Of course." He says as he sits down and begins taking from the pile of food.

Aurora feels relief wash over her — She didn't want today just to be about Dave treating her, because he deserves so much more.

Aurora's first Valentine's Day in a relationship, and she can't help but feel a little bit pressured.

What happens if what I do isn't good enough? Aurora asks herself, worried.

Though she quickly pushed those thoughts out of her mind as she takes her pick from the mountain of food ahead of her, smiling at the assortment of foods, knowing that there's a story behind each food.

Aurora remembers vividly eating pancakes the first morning when Dave began living with her. He had somehow burnt pancakes, making the smoke alarm go off and Kurt to go banging on their door, then speculating that they had slept together.