Chapter Twenty-Two

TACOMA, WA. December 1 1990.

"A barn in Tacoma?" Aurora asks from the passenger seat, "Yeah, Krist, Kurt and I have been practicing songs there, recording some too." Dave answers as he starts the car.

"What better way to spend your day off." He says with a smile.

Aurora and Dave are currently heading to a little barn in Tacoma, where Nirvana has been doing their band practices the past month, also recording new material in hopes of getting it to a record label, though they only have a few songs recorded with Dave, Come As You Are, On A Plain, and Drain You.

"Have you guys got any new material recorded?" Aurora asks, "Yeah, a few songs. In Bloom, Imodium, which I think we are changing to Breed, Lithium, and Polly were recorded with Chad Channing as you know, but we've record Drain You, On A Plain and Come As You Are these past few weeks which is great." Dave explains, and Aurora nods. "I'm excited to hear." Aurora says, smiling over to him.

"You know technically today is our one month anniversary." Dave brings up, looking over to Aurora. "Really?" Aurora questions, feeling like she's been with him for an eternity. "Yeah, one whole month." Dave states, as if he doesn't quite believe it himself either.

Aurora smiles, though she's quickly overcome with the thought about if this is a good time to tell him how she feels, how she loves him. But, to her, being one month into the relationship and telling him that she loves him could raises a concern, they haven't even been together for that long and she loves him, so she doesn't want to say that to him, not to hear it back, because Aurora needs that reassurance.

Aurora quickly brushes away the thought, leaning over to kiss Dave's cheek. "Happy one month." She whispers into his ear, making him have a 'butterflies in his stomach' feeling.

After around 40 minutes, the smooth road turns into a bumpy one as they reach a gravel road, awaking Aurora from a little nap she managed to sneak in.

Aurora yawns, stretching as she does so.

"You tired?" Dave asks as he looks over to his girlfriend, who had fallen asleep on him twenty minutes prior. "A little, yeah." Aurora states, "I didn't have a great sleep last night." She explains as Dave parks the car. "There's a couch inside if you want to try and get some rest, though we'll be making a bit of noise." Dave says, "It's okay, sleep can wait till tonight." Aurora states, moving over in the seat to kiss Dave's cheek, which he reacts with a smile on his face.

The two step out of the car, and it now hits Aurora that she's going to have to see Kurt, and interact with him.

She feels bad for not having the same feelings he has for her, but it's just like he said, she has no control over that.

Aurora knows Kurt, and their interactions today are going to be awkward. Especially when they first see each other, they'll have to say something to avoid looking suspicious.

"Hey." Aurora blurts out as she and Dave approach Kurt. "Hi." He says, keeping his eyes fixated on the ground as he lights his cigarette between his lips.

Aurora shifts, feeling uncomfortable though Dave senses it, always being able to indicate her discomfort.

"Do you wanna take a walk, Rora?" Dave suggests, knowing Krist isn't here yet, and won't be for a little bit longer since he's most likely stuck distracted by something. "Yeah, that'd be nice." Aurora smiles, looking to Dave, thankful that he's noticed.

"We'll be back soon, Kurt." Dave says as he entwines his fingers in Aurora's, "Take as long as you want." He states, blowing out smoke. Dave furrows his eyebrows at his remark, before walking off with Aurora, going onto a dirt path leading up to a hill.