Chapter Nine

OLYMPIA, WA. October 18 1990.

Aurora reads the clock on the wall just as she walks inside, 1:48am. She groans and throws her keys on the table, jumping on the couch as Dave finally makes his way inside.

Nirvana had a gig earlier, and Aurora had a great time as she tagged along and watched the show. Luckily enough, the power didn't go out in the venue, causing the show to run smoothly. Dave played great as usual, and Aurora really only watched him for the whole of the performance.

Unfortunately, the boys have to leave tomorrow to go England. Apparently they are leaving so early due to a photo shoot, then they'll have their first gig on October 23, though Aurora wishes they didn't have a photo shoot so they could just stay that little while longer.

Aurora has spent more time with Krist and Kurt over the past few days as they have been non-stop practicing for the show, yet also producing some new material, which makes Aurora really excited for what's coming for Nirvana.

Aurora and Dave have gone back to normal, continuing the constant bickering and playful fights, like a best friend would do, a brother and sister would even.

Sadly enough, Dave knows that he can't make a move on Aurora yet, not until he comes back from the tour and he has broken up with Jennifer. He desperately wants to just go to Aurora now and hold her tightly in his arms and let his heart speak for itself, though he fights it, making sure he is not to speak a word.

Dave smiles as he picks up his BB gun from the table, loading it up and beginning to walk outside. "Seriously, Dave. At this hour?" Aurora asks, and he smiles, "Yes, Aurora. At this hour." He responds before knocking on Kurt's door. "Kurt?" Dave calls out in a sing-song voice, "Do you know what time it is?" He then asks, "Time for me to sleep?" He calls out from the other side of the door. "Nope, BB gun time." He says, and Kurt slowly opens the door with a mischievous look on his face.

Despite the gig, the boys don't even seem that tired, Aurora feels more tired than the two combined, she feels as if she were just playing the drums up there instead of Dave, drenched with sweat and ready to leap onto her bed, but she sluggishly brings herself up and walks outside where the two boys take refuge on the steps and watching the Washington State Lottery building intensely.

"I still can't believe you blew your $400 pay check on this." Aurora states, "Can't forget about the Nintendo console I bought as-well, and the tattoo." Dave states, pulling up his sleeve, revealing the three circles which is the John Bonham symbol. "The tattoo is worth it, the BB gun and Nintendo console, not so much." Aurora says, "I beg to differ." Dave states. "Hush, children. We have a building to shoot." Kurt says, quieting the bickering.

"For revolution." Dave says coldly, before shooting the building several times. Kurt runs back into his apartment and Dave runs inside to his, all while Aurora is left stranded on the steps, "Aurora! Get inside!" Dave whispers loudly, and she hesitantly runs inside.

Dave looks out the small window of the front door, and laughs as a worker mindlessly walks around the building, wondering what just struck the building. He then sets the BB gun back down, "Time to Mario World." Dave states, "Don't you have a flight to catch tomorrow." Aurora asks, "Or should I say today?" Aurora adds, pointing at the clock on the wall. "That's later though." Dave states as he grabs the console off the shelf and walks into Kurt's apartment, Aurora following closely behind.

"Ready to play?" Dave asks, and Kurt sighs, "Yeah, why not." He states.

The three all jump onto the couch and begin playing Mario World, staying up until the sun rises, though Aurora found her eyes drooping, and being in the middle meant she had to lean on one of them, but she tried her best not to, and tried to stay awake. But even after her efforts, she fell asleep to the comfort of Dave's shoulder, eventually his lap, and soon enough he carried her back to the apartment, careful not to wake her.