Chapter Eleven

OLYMPIA, WA -> NOTTINGHAM, UK. October 27 1990.

Aurora walks off the plane with her luggage in hand, desperately wanting to see Dave, aswell as Kurt and Krist of course.

Dave tries his best to move around the crowded area to make his way to where he assumes Aurora will be, and after minutes of pushing his way through people with both an unpleasant smell and sense of style, he finally reaches an opening, and within seconds he notices the brown haired girl he has come to adore walking down a ramp.

As Aurora notices Dave, she chuckles slightly as she notices a little moustache formed below his nose after not shaving for a week or two. She also notices that his bleached hair is fading, growing back into his natural dark strands.

Aurora begins jogging down the ramp, meeting Dave halfway as they engulf each other in a hug that was needed after being away from each other for so long. Aurora's head sinks into his neck as the two stand in the middle of the large room squeezing each other tight.

"Woman I can hardly express my mixed emotions and my thoughtlessness"

John Lennon was heard by the two through the speakers of the airport as they continued to hold each other in their arms.

Dave missed the familiar smell of roses that Aurora holds, and Aurora missed Dave's strong cologne smell although she finds it a horrible smell. He tells her it's to "Attract the ladies" and Aurora responds with her rolling his eyes at him, which is a common thing she does respond to Dave.

"You two done?" A familiar voice asks from behind Dave, and the two finally pull away.

It was then that Dave quickly realised that he isn't technically Aurora's "other half" and his heart aches at that thought.

All he wants to do in that moment is pull her back into his arms and continue to hold her tightly. Dave wants her to know how he feels about her, and he almost had the urge to in fact, if it weren't for the frontman in his checkered flannel and unwashed blonde hair.

Aurora smiles as she see's Kurt, a cigarette between his fingers dispute the rules of the airport. "Heya, Cobi-" Aurora stumbles along her words, trying to say Cobain though failing miserably as she walks over to him. "Cobi?" Kurt asks, "I tried to say Cobain but it didn't work." Aurora chuckles as she goes to hug Kurt, which he has now learnt to embrace, due to how much she seem's to hug him as a friendly gesture.

Aurora tends to hug her friends to remind them how their wanted, wanted in this universe no matter how tough it can be, and to Kurt, it really does make his heart swell with gratitude for Aurora.

"Cobi has a nice ring to it." Kurt admits as the two pull away. "Well consider that your new nickname." Aurora states with a smile plastered across her face. She then turns around to face Dave, he has her suitcase in his hand and begins walking. Him doing something simple as wheeling her suitcase through the airport to their van makes Aurora feel so lucky to have someone like Dave in her life, and it's now she realises how much she truly has missed him.

"Thank god you're here now." Kurt states, walking next to Aurora, "Dave wouldn't stop talking about you!" He exclaims in his quiet voice. "I can still hear you believe it or not!" Dave calls back to Kurt. "He kept talking about how much he missed you and wanted you to be here." Kurt whispers in her ear, trying to be a little more quieter, as if not wanting to make Dave even more embarrassed than he is, as much as he'd like to embarrass his good friend. "Good to know." Aurora chuckles, blushing slightly at how Dave was actually talking about her.

Eventually the three make it to the old, unwashed, beat up, white and cream colored van, that the boys are renting. Though, Dave has expressed to Aurora over the phone his love for the van, and wishes he could take it back to Olympia with him. Aurora takes the passenger seat in the front, Dave driving and Kurt in the back, because he despises driving anything other than his own car.