Chapter Ten

OLYMPIA, WA. October 23 1990.

As Aurora walks back to her apartment after a long day at work, the one thing she wants to do is crack open a beer and sit on the couch, listening to her collection of records.

She jumps up the steps and unlocks her door, before opening it and then closing it behind her, chucking they keys on the cabinet. Aurora walks over to the fridge and takes the cold can out, opening it then taking a sip, smiling in delight.

Unexpectedly, her phone rings, so Aurora sets her drink down on the table and walks over to the phone, picking it up.

"Hello?" Aurora asks into the phone, "There's a voice I've missed." The person says into the microphone, Aurora instantly knowing it's Dave. "You've missed me?" Aurora asks, "Oh yeah, I miss you attacking me for eating your ice-cream." Dave says sarcastically, "So you should." Aurora says, leaning on the wall beside her.

"How's England?" She then asks, "It's pretty good. The photo shoot went well, and we've got a gig this afternoon." Dave states, "Though I miss Olympia." Dave states. "Well, nothing much has happened, it's pretty boring here without you guys." Aurora states. "That's the complete opposite of over here, It's been pretty wild. Kurt decided to throw a party and invited random people we met on the road, along with the band 'L7' because they're touring with us, but also 'Bikini Kill' since they're in the area. Long story short, it was mayhem, and still is." Dave explains. "Kathleen, in Bikini Kill, spray painted 'Kurt Smells Like Teen Spirit' on the wall." Aurora scoffs, "Yikes." She manages to spit out. "Wouldn't that have been awkward since Kurt's ex would've been there?" Aurora asks, "Apparently they're just friends now, though I swear I heard something through the walls later that night." Dave states, "Ew." Aurora says.

"Halloween is coming up." Dave states, bringing up a new topic. "Oh yeah, I can't wait for kids to smash my door, yelling for candy." Aurora says sarcastically, "Kurt was gonna throw another party down here, a Halloween one." Dave states, "You should come down." He then asks. "Should I?" Aurora asks.

She knows she has the cash to fly over, she's been saving for no particular reason, but Aurora feels as if the group would want some time away from her after she has been hanging with them more often now in band practices.

"I think you should, we haven't seen you for a while. It'd be nice to see you. It's weird not having you around." Dave says, "D, It's been five days." Aurora states. "Five days long enough." Dave states. "C'mon, catch a flight down here in a few days, and we can go costume shopping when you get here." Dave says, all in the spirit of Halloween. "Alright, alright." Aurora says, finally giving in. After all, he is basically begging her.

Dave gives Aurora the details of where the hotel is, even though he'll be picking her up and driving her there. Also what room they are staying in because they are at a different venuel. She quickly writes the information on a notepad as Dave speaks. Aurora could hear someone in the background, appearing to be calling out to Dave.

"Yeah?" Dave yells, "Okay, I'll be there in a minute!" He then calls out. "Have to go?" Aurora asks, slightly disappointed, "Yeah, there's a sound check." Dave states, "But I'll see you soon, yeah?" Dave asks, "October 27." Aurora states, "October 27." Dave repeats, "So many days." Dave says, groaning. "Oh, you'll live." Aurora says, "I hope." Dave states.

"Bye Rora." He then says, "Bye D." Aurora responds, "I can't bring myself to hang up, can you?" Dave asks, "Sure, now bye-bye." Aurora states, "Good luck with your show." She then says. "Thanks, C-ya." Dave says, before Aurora hangs up the phone.

Suddenly, there were three large bangs in the door, causing Aurora to jump back, but then hesitantly walk forward to open the door. Aurora opens the door, and her jaw drops. The man she hasn't seen in years, stood right in-front if her, on her doorstep. It's George, her own Father.

"D-Dad?" Aurora asks, he then barges past Aurora and storms into the apartment, soon examining the place.

George then looks over to his daughter, and Aurora wonders if he's thinking about Rose, her mother, when he looks at her. Though she knows he isn't, because Aurora has this gut feeling that he had something to do with her death, after all he does know some people in the police force, and it's quite suspicious that when the two went out to dinner, there was a car crash, and George left the scene harmless, though Rose had several broken bones and wound all over her body.

"What a crap place to live in." He states, looking around the household, snapping Aurora out of her thoughts. "Well, yours isn't any better is it?" Aurora asks her father, and suddenly he spins around, and grips her wrist tightly. "Watch what you say around me, Aurora." George states, soon pulling his hand off his daughters wrist and making himself right at home on the couch.

"You have to leave." Aurora states, "Why's that?" George asks. "Hmm, well let's see. It's not like you've just come into my apartment after 3 years pretending that nothing happened, and deciding to make yourself right at home." Aurora answers. "How did you even find out where I live?" Aurora asks, remembering vividly that she hasn't told him where she went since she moved out. "I can do my research." George states, "As if." Aurora scoffs, walking over to her beer on the table, picking it up and having a sip. "What are you even doing here?" She asks him, "A little birdie told my that you treated a good friend of mine with disrespect. Though I'm not surprised, you've always had a mouth." George states, Aurora furrows her eyebrows, "You have friends?" Aurora asks, "Yes, believe it or not." George says, "But, I'm assuming you remember the name, Jackson?" He then asks, looking over to Aurora and her heart drops, sinking to her stomach.

Aurora nods, staring straight in-front of her. "Well, I'm here to show you what happens when you disrespect your superiors." George says as he stands up, and walks up to his daughter, standing directly in-front of her. George is way taller and overall bigger than Aurora, which means his body towers over her, knowing what is going to happen, Aurora drops her beer and tries to make a bolt for the back door, though George is onto her and grabs Aurora's hair, pulling her back, almost making her scream out in pain.

"That was a dumb move." He says coldly.