Chapter Forty-Four

LOS ANGELES. June 14th, 1991.

Aurora had decided to join Kurt, Dave and Krist in Los Angeles where they are performing at the Hollywood Palladium, along with bands Dinosaur Jr. and Hole. It's their third last show before their tour properly starts and they'll be travelling all across America and some parts of Europe.

Aurora wants to spend as much time with Dave as possible before the tour starts, but it's been difficult as Aurora works and Dave is practice with Kurt and Krist constantly.

She hopes that her and Dave will be fine with the whole 'distance' situation but she has a small gut feeling that they'll drift.

And that's the last thing Aurora wants.

"You know, Kurt mentioned something about his girlfriend being here." Dave spoke up as placed his arm around Aurora's shoulder, holding her close to him as they walk.

"He has a girlfriend?" Aurora asks, looking up to Dave.
"Yeah. Remember that Courtney chick he mentioned a while ago?" Dave asks.

Aurora thinks for a second, and suddenly remembers the conversation that they all had with Kurt on his birthday.

"Oh yeah, I remember." Aurora says.

"Well she's in the band that's playing today as-well... Hole." Dave explains.

Aurora nods her head.

"I hope she's good for Kurt. He deserves someone that will treat him right and give him all their love." Aurora says.

Because I couldn't give him that, Aurora thinks to herself.

"I've heard she's a little... out there." Dave says.
"How do you know?" Aurora asks.
"Chris has already met her." Dave explains.

Aurora nods slowly.

"So she's like... the complete opposite of Kurt?" Aurora asks.

Dave shrugs, "I guess we will have to wait and see."

Aurora bites her lip nervously.

She hopes that this 'Courtney' person will treat Kurt with kindness. That she'll love and cherish him even through bad times, because Aurora knows just how much Kurt deserves to be treated right.

She also hopes that Kurt will treat Courtney right.

After all, Kurt has cheated before on other women, but she just hopes that he's changed since then, and that the new couple will be happy.

Aurora is glad that Kurt has moved in to someone else, but she can't help but feel a little bit protective over Kurt, wanting what's best for him.

Aurora and Dave enter the venue through the back door, as numerous people have already piled in.

The pair had left the group to go get some food after soundcheck, and they've arrived back just in time to watch Hole perform.

Four people jumped up onto the stage and began to get themselves ready.

Dave pointed out a young lady to Aurora, "The blonde one is Courtney." He says.

Aurora looks up to Courtney, watching as she slings a guitar over her head and strums a few chords, then going to the amp and changing some settings.

Courtney wore a silk night dress, completely unbothered with how much skin she was showing.

In a way, Aurora wishes that she could be that confident. Instead she would wear converse, jeans and her boyfriends t-shirts.