Chapter Six

OLYMPIA, WA. October 1 1990.

Aurora is having a hard time trying to find a suitable man that she can go out with. At the moment it's just emotional men who are desperate for a woman's touch.

Dave on the other hand, he's having a great time with Jennifer... Or so Aurora thinks. Jennifer comes over to Aurora and Dave's apartment regularly, though what Aurora doesn't know is that Dave is planning to break up with Jennifer, due to how they don't see eye to eye on certain things, making conversations turn into arguments, and Dave hates when that happens. But, he just doesn't know how to do it without it turning into a bigger problem. He also feels bad that the relationship has barely lasted a week, and it just shows the two don't belong considering they have began to argue only a few days into the relationship.

He keeps thinking back to June when Jennifer and him were together, smoking weed on the beach as their band mates party at the house down the road.

Surprisingly enough, Jennifer has changed more than Dave has imagined, because they never used to argue like this, but to be fair, they never spent so much time together during the tour.

This just shows that the time they had during the tour was purely for a good time, and not anything for the long run.

Dave has now been starting to think about how similar him and Aurora are. How they can relate on subjects, and they can both agree on things, which is the complete opposite to him and Jennifer.

He's now beginning to think about life with Aurora, though not as a friend, as a partner, his girlfriend more specifically. Dave can picture the two together, and it working perfectly, though he's not sure if she feels the same way about him.

"Dave, I'm heading to work!" Aurora shouts from the front door, "Please don't try and burn the house down while I'm gone!" She states as she opens the front door. "You won't let go of that will you?" Dave asks as he comes out of his room with an empty glass, "Nope." Aurora says smiling, she then shuts the door and puts her key in her pocket. She jumps down the steps and looks over to her car, contemplating wether she should drive or walk, eventually choosing to walk as it's a nice sunny day today, and she doesn't want to waste petrol.

Aurora walks down the road, and then turns the corner. A few minutes later she ends up on the road of the record shop, and suddenly, she accidentally bumps into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaims, scrambling to the ground to pick up the papers that flew out of the persons hands. "It's alright." A deep voice says, and Aurora looks up to see a slightly muscular man pick up some of his sheets of paper. Aurora is taken back by how attractive he is. The way his short blonde hair waves in the wind, and his bright blue eyes sparkle when he looks over to her.

Aurora hands over the rest of his papers and the two awkwardly stand there in silence. "I'm Jackson." He says, putting his hand out to her, "I'm Aurora." Aurora states as she shakes his hand. His grip is firm, yet pleasant, and that's something she can add to the list of things she admires about him.

"Do you know where Mountain Records are?" Jackson asks her, "My Mom wants me to get her a record and apparently this shop is in the area, though I can't find it." He adds. "I happen to work there." She states, "What a coincidence." Jackson comments. "It's just down the road here." Aurora directs him, and the two walk down the road together. "What record did you want to buy?" Aurora asks, "It's Queen, News Of The World." Jackson answers. "That's a good choice." Aurora states as she opens the door and the two walk through.

Aurora walks through the shop, eventually finding the 'Queen' category and flicking through the records, finding the album Jackson wants and taking it up to the counter, he follows her.