Chapter Twenty-Five

VIRGINIA, WA. December 22 1990.

3 more days till Christmas, and Aurora is thankfully becoming less nervous, more excited if anything. She can't wait to see everyone's reactions to their gifts, and Aurora can't wait for her gift.

Aurora walks through the house, seeing how the presents are scattered under the Christmas tree, full of goodies. Aurora notices her name in big bold letters, soon releasing that its Dave's handwriting, and she smiles, eager to know what he's gotten her.

Aurora quickly goes back to Dave's bedroom, where she finds him sound asleep still, then pulls out two wrapped presents from her suitcase, then sneaking back out of the bedroom, putting the presents under the tree.

Aurora turns around and opens the door, where she finds Lisa standing by her car. "Ready?" Lisa asks eagerly, "Yep!" Aurora says happily.

Aurora and Lisa have planned to spend the day together, they'll go to the shopping centre where Dave and Aurora previously went to the day before, have a coffee and Aurora will go to the music store where she saw the guitar in the corner of her eye yesterday.

Dave and Virginia have also planned to spend the day together, deciding to go to a nearby store to grab ingredients for the food Virginia has planned to make for Christmas Day.

"So tell me, is Nirvana as good as Dave says they are?" Lisa asks Aurora, sparking a conversation. Aurora smiles, "They are fantastic." She admits, "They actually have some new material and are looking into showing it to a record company." Aurora states. "I can't wait to listen." Lisa states.

Aurora can't wait for the album to be fully complete, after hearing several songs she's eager to hear more, though the boys will get back into routine after the new year.

"Let me show the best café in Virginia." Lisa says as she pulls into a vacant park.

The two step out of the car, Aurora walking beside Lisa as she leads her through the large shopping centre, eventually to the end where there is the little café stashed away in the corner, almost invisible to the eye due to it being located in the corner of the hallway.

Lisa walks through the open area, entering the café.

"Hey Bobby!" Lisa says to the man who is behind the counter, and he gives a warm smile on return, "Hi Lisa, want the usual?" Bobby asks her, and she nods. "What shall I make for you?" Bobby asks Aurora, "Just a long black, thanks." Aurora replies with a smile, and he nods, before turning away into his café.

The café isn't very busy, having some elderly customers scattered around the place, and some people around Aurora's age.

Lisa and Aurora take their seats next to a window, where plants sit on the window sill.

"So how's Seattle? I've always wanted to see the change of scenery." Lisa asks, "Well it's great now that I'm with Dave — he makes things entertaining. Though you're not missing a whole lot." Aurora explains. "But you should definitely come visit Dave and I after Christmas, we'd love to have you round'." Aurora says happily. "I'll have to take a few days off work, but I can make it happen." Lisa smiles.

Their coffees appeared in-front of them, Bobby smiling as he places them down on the table in-front of the young women.

"Thank you." Aurora says, picking up the cup and taking a sip of the warm coffee.

"I don't believe I've seen you around here before." Bobby says, "I'm just visiting, but I'm Aurora." Aurora introduces herself, holding her hand out to Bobby. "That's a lovely name, I'm Bobby." He introduces himself properly. "Nice to meet you." Aurora says sweetly, before Bobby turns around and goes back to the counter where he faces some more customers.

Aurora turns back to Lisa where they spark up a conversation, chatting until they finish their coffees and decide they should go back to the house.

As they walk through the store Aurora quickly splits off from Lisa and tells her she'll meet her at the car.

Aurora walks into the music store, examined the acoustic guitar and seeing the price tag, she smiles with joy as she sees it's only $100, the store having good deals before Christmas.

Aurora picks up the guitar and takes it to the counter where she meets the cashier, today it being an old man, nearing his sixties.

He groggily tells Aurora the price of the acoustic guitar, and she pays him in notes before taking the guitar and walking back to Lisa's car.

Aurora opens the back door and lays the acoustic guitar on the seats, before closing the back door and jumping in the passenger seat.

"And who's that for?" Lisa asks curiously as she starts the car, "A present for Dave." Aurora says. "He'll love it." Lisa says, making Aurora smile.

Eventually the pair make it back to the house, and Aurora sighs in relief as she notices that Dave and Virginia aren't back yet, quickly running inside with the guitar and wrapping it speedily before placing it under the tree just as Dave enters with hands full of groceries.

Aurora quickly stands up and fidgets slightly, trying not to make a big deal of how she just placed a presenter under the tree with "DAVE :)" written in all caps across the wrapping paper.

"What're you doing?" Dave asks as he juggles trying to carry several bags at once, "Lemme help." Aurora says, rushing to Dave's aid.

"David, I told you I can carry them." Virginia says sternly as she walks in the door, closing it behind her. "I'm not an old lady." Virginia states as she places her handbag in the chair beside her. Dave raises an eyebrow at Aurora, causing her to chuckle.

As Aurora finished helping Dave and Virginia put the groceries away, Lisa enters the room, her hands full with photo books.

"I found the jackpot." Lisa says happily, and Aurora can hear Dave groan from beside her. "I can't wait!" Aurora says excited to see photos of Dave when he was younger, and to hear the stories that come along with it.

Aurora follows Lisa into the living room where everyone takes their seats, Dave placing himself next to Aurora, putting an arm around her comfortingly, making Aurora smile how he's comfortable to be affectionate to her around his sister and mother.

So Aurora, Dave, Lisa and Virginia spend the rest of the day looking at several photo books that are spread across the coffee table.

These photo books are full of pictures of Dave and Lisa. Virginia even shared stories from when they were younger, telling Aurora about a certain mischievous child, Aurora knowing full well she was talking about Dave.

Although Aurora doesn't realise it, Virginia being so open about Dave's childhood to his girlfriends is a rarity. But Virginia knows that Aurora is going to be with Dave for the long run...

Or so she thinks.