Chapter Eighteen

OLYMPIA, WA -> SEATTLE, WA. November 18 1990.

Boxes and boxes of items are loaded into Aurora's car, from the two's drum kits to boxes of vinyls, clothes, towels, bedsheets and kitchenware. Luckily, enough Aurora and Dave don't have much stuff, so it wasn't that many trips to Seattle and back.

The couch, dining table and living room table are staying since it was technically there when Aurora arrived, so Dave and Aurora just had to come back to dissemble the bed frame and load it into the car, which they assembled when they got to the apartment.

They magically somehow fit the mattress in the car, perhaps some of it sticking out the window, but they ended getting the mission done without a U-Haul trailer.

But, the dresser and bedside table is the last thing Dave and Aurora have to be retrieving before permanently staying at Seattle.

They strived to get this done in just one day, which they achieved due to the fact that they don't have many belongings.

"Are you guys sure you don't need a hand?" Kurt asks from the steps of the deck that connects the three apartments. "Thanks Kurt, but we're good." Dave states, "Right?" He then asks Aurora, and she nods, giving the thumbs up from the passenger seat. "Alright, well I'll see you soon." Kurt says, referring to when Dave comes back to practice with the guys.

Dave quickly chucks the keys up to Kurt, where he unexpectedly catches them. "Could you give them to the landlord when he comes around?" Dave asks, "Yeah, sure." Kurt says and Dave thanks him, before turning around and opening the car door, sitting in the drivers seat, starting the engine and beginning the journey to Seattle.

The apartment in which Dave and Aurora are living in is quite nice and definitely not like Aurora's apartment. The complex where the apartment is located is not that large, with their being two apartments on each level, and Dave and Aurora are on the third level, which is the highest. It's been a hike for the two, carrying their belongings up the stairs and then running all the way back down, but their happy that there's only a dresser and bedside table left.

Dave places his hand on Aurora's thigh, and with one hand on the steering wheel he drives the car.

After around over an hour, the two are almost at their destination, though Dave decides to spark up a conversation, "Kurt seemed somewhat sad that we are moving." Aurora looks out the window, "Yeah..." Aurora says, possibly knowing the reason why.

Aurora hasn't told Dave that Kurt confessed that he liked her just a day before Dave asked Aurora for him to be her boyfriend. She feels as if it'll create tension between the two, and that's the last thing she wants considering their in a band together. Aurora doesn't want conflict over her, but she knows Kurt would never start anything, because he cares to much about her. And Dave wouldn't start anything either, but jealousy does something weird to humans.

Perhaps Aurora will tell Dave about the whole Kurt thing soon enough? But not right now.

"Do you know why?" Dave then asks, suspecting that Aurora's hiding something. "No." Aurora lies, and she said it in a way that was not believable once so ever. "Are you lying?" Dave asks, look over to her. Aurora sighs, looking over to Dave.

I'm going to have to tell him sooner than expected, She thinks to herself.

"I don't want you to get all weird or anything because there is absolutely nothing going on between Kurt and I." Aurora states as Dave pulls up to the apartment block. "But before we officially became a 'thing', Kurt said to me that he'd developed feelings for me." Aurora states as they both step out of the car and close their doors behind them. "He said what?" Dave asks, completely taken away by what Aurora just said. "That's probably why he's sad." Aurora states, "Because he'll see you less?" Dave asks, and Aurora nods.

Dave doesn't feel jealous about the fact that Kurt liked Aurora and perhaps still does. He doesn't have any desire of trying to make Kurt jealous by any means, after all, he is his friend and band mate, that'd make matters worse.

But, suddenly Dave feels grateful that Aurora chose him over Kurt. So he doesn't make a big deal of the situation like Aurora suspects would happen.

"He knew that I liked you though, and that you liked me. So, he didn't want to do anything to jeopardise that." Aurora states, "That's nice of him." Dave says, and Aurora nods.

"I just want you to know that there is nothing going on between Kurt and I though." Aurora states for the second time, afraid that Dave won't believe her. "Aurora, it's fine. I believe you." Dave states, putting a hand on her reassuringly.

"Now let's get this done before dark." Dave states, opening up the door at the back of the car, where they begin to pick up the dresser and carry it up the stairway leading to the apartment.

They drop the dresser in-front of the apartment door, before running back downstairs to get the bedside table, where they pull it out of the car, before locking the doors then carrying it up the staircase.

Dave stuffs his hand in his pocket, pulling out the apartment door key and turning it in its lock, opening the door then shoving it back into his pocket.

Aurora and Dave both carry the dresser and bedside table to the bedroom, where they set it down and then jump onto the bed and lay looking at each other as the light dims in the room as the sun begins to set.

"I say we break the bed in." Aurora states, a cheeky grin on her face as she plays with Dave's hair. "Like bouncy style?" Dave asks, thinking about jumping on the bed as he did several times as a kid, yet also as an adult. "I was thinking something more different." Aurora says.

"Oh..." Dave trails off, "Are you sure you wanna do this though?" He then asks her.

"What would make me say no?" Aurora asks.