Chapter Fourteen

NORWICH, UK. October 30 1990.

"Are you sure? We can just reschedule another day." Shelli says, looking at her new friend in concern. "I'm not rescheduling, this was planned." Aurora states, slowly moving to the bathroom mirror, examined her new bruise that - Surprise, surprise! Wasn't from her own father.

Last nights events went quickly, as Jennifer through one punch and instantly Shelli was all over her. The heartwarming, caring and loving person, willingly to beat someone up.

Jennifer decided to leave the venue, joining her bandmates in the car and leaving, after all, Shelli was yelling at her and Krist tried his best to keep his cool, all while Kurt and Dave anxiously try to awake Aurora, though soon realising she was knocked out.

After a few pressuring minutes of contemplating wether to take her to the hospital or just wait until she wakes up, Aurora's eyes fluttered opened as she examined her new surroundings - The van.

After a few tablets of paracetamol, Aurora's headache was gone, but there was a new colour on her face - a dark purple that was not so easy to get rid of. Maybe some makeup could do the trick, but Aurora despises makeup, not really having the effort to put any on, and not caring what other people think of her without it on.

"Personally, I'd stay in bed. But if you insist." Shelli says following Aurora out of the bathroom. "I'll let you get changed. Just knock on my hotel door when you're ready." Shelli says, before walking out of the room.

Kurt then walks inside from the balcony, laying down on his bed, his hand resting on his stomach as he looks up at the roof.

"You had me scared." Kurt speaks up, "Why's that?" Aurora asks, taking a seat beside him, "Because I didn't know if you were going to wake up or not last night." Kurt says, "You were out for a good four minutes, and in that time, Dave and I were really panicking." He then explains. "I'm fine, Kurt." Aurora says, looking over to him, giving him a sweet smile. "You definitely don't look it." Kurt says, looking at her face, the dark purple bruise being more prominent in this light than ever. "I'll live." Aurora states, getting up from her seat and walking outside, where she joins Dave who is having a smoke.

Dave looks over to Aurora, and furrows his eyebrows at the sight of the dark purple bruise along her cheek. He lifts up his hand and caresses her cheek slowly, examining the wound.

"You know I really do hate all the attention I'm getting recently from just one bruise." Aurora says quietly, looking Dave directly in the eyes. "You'll have to deal with it." He says, looking down to the ground before hesitantly pulling his arm away, letting it drop back down to his side.

"You going out with Shelli?" Dave asks, "Yeah, we're just gonna have lunch. Nothing too fancy." Aurora states. "Be careful, will you?" He asks her quietly, his voice so quiet you almost couldn't hear him, due to wanting to hide the fact that his voice is breaking. "I can defend myself, and Shelli sure as hell can put up a fight." Aurora states, "And relax, I got punched by your ex, that doesn't make me vulnerable." She then adds. Dave nods, "Sorry." He says, "I'm just worried." He then manages to say through the constant voice breaks.

"Hey..." Aurora says as he looks away from her, hiding his emotions, "Look at me." She says, putting her hands on his cheeks, making him having to make eye contact with her.

"You don't have to be worried." Aurora states, "I know it's just..." Dave trails off, "Never mind." He states, pushing the thought to the back of his mind. "I'm gonna be just fine." Aurora states, and she wraps her arms around his neck, holding him tight. Dave instantly wraps his arms around Aurora's waist and squeezes her tight, as if he's afraid that she'll let go, but eventually she does.

"I better go get ready to have lunch with Shelli." Aurora says eagerly, moving away from Dave and walking back inside, where she gathers her clothes and goes to the bathroom, running the water, soon getting under the warm water, letting it flow down onto her body.

It's there and then, Aurora realises that tomorrow is supposed to be the day that Dave "Asks her out." Though she is desperately wanting it to happen, some part of her is anxious, and she doesn't know why.

Perhaps it's the fact that she's slightly sceptical about him actually "liking" her.

Or maybe it is that fact that she'll be possibly dating someone she has tried so hard to push away due to fear of being rejected.

What Aurora doesn't know is that Dave is certain that Aurora is the one, his other half, the person he perhaps even wants to spend the rest of his life with.

She's slipped under his skin, invaded his blood, and somehow got to his heart in the process, leaving him completely... In love.

Now what Dave isn't aware of is that to love something, is to realise that eventually you may have to let it go, no matter the circumstances.

--

"And he managed to do that all within a span of a day?" Aurora asks, shocked. "Yep, Chris managed to decorate the whole house up for our anniversary in the span of a few hours, because he'd forgotten." Shelli explains, reminiscing over that event. "That's impressive." Aurora states after she takes a sip of her coffee.

Aurora and Shelli have been at a local café for hours now, with Aurora eager to know about Shelli's and Krist's relationship, with them being together for so long now.

"I'm really hoping that Dave will make a move tomorrow." Aurora states, playing with her fingers, "You really have nothing to be stressed about, he will absolutely go for you." Shelli assures Aurora, trying to make it as clear as possible that he Dave really likes her. "He's basically the male version of you, so you guys are perfect for each other." Shelli then states, and Aurora smiles brightly.

"I just really like him." Aurora states.

And after that statement, the day seemed to fly by, with the anticipation for the next day and it's events.