Chapter Thirteen

NORWICH, UK. October 29 1990.

"Wake up Aurora!" Dave whispers loudly, shaking her body, "We have costume shopping to do!" He says, sounding like he's a little kid again.

Just like Kurt had predicted, Dave did wake up at exactly 5:00pm and complain about being hungry, before going off to a random store two blocks from the hotel, to in fact just get some lollies.

But now it's the next day, the day to get costumes, and the day Nirvana play their last gig in the UK.

Aurora groans, "What time is it?" She asks him, rubbing her eyes, then letting them adjust to the light in the room, "8:30" Dave says, "Dave, you couldn't have let me sleep in?" Aurora asks him, "You left him be!" Aurora now whispers, realising Kurt is still asleep. "We don't want to get crappy costumes now, do we?" Dave asks and Aurora groans once again, "This doesn't seem worth it." She says, sitting up in her bed, stretching. "Okay, well if you want to try and prove me wrong by all means, go ahead and go back to sleep, but don't complain to me when you're left with some thrifted, hand-me-down, thirty year old witch costume that is half ripped because someone tried it on assuming that one size fits all, when really it doesn't." Dave explains in deep context.

Just as Dave was about to continue, Aurora interrupts in, "No need to explain any more, I'm getting up." Aurora says as she pulls the covers over and gets out of bed. "Well, that saves me explaining the story about bedsheets." Dave states.

"Give me fifteen minutes and we can go." Aurora says as she rubs her eyes and mindlessly walks to the bathroom.

After around twenty minutes later, despite what Aurora had said, the two finally leave the building and drive the van to a little Halloween themed shop that you could point out from far away due to the amount of decorations on the building.

Dave and Aurora walk into the store and are immediately taken away by a witches laughter, and soon enough a man jumping out in-front of the two.

"Hi there!" The man yells out, and both Aurora and Dave both say 'hello' awkwardly to avoid being rude.

Aurora takes in the mans features, several teeth missing, unshaven, unwashed hair, and somewhat smelly.

"My names Daniel, and I'm the owner of this store." He says happily in his thick British accent, perhaps a little too happily, as he moves to the side to allow the two to walk through.

A young woman walks over to Aurora and Dave, smiling sweetly at the two, "I'm sorry, we don't get customers often." She states, also having a British accent. "I'm Ruby." She introduces herself, shaking both Aurora and Dave's hand, "I'm Dan's wife and I also own the store." She informs.

Aurora wonders how such an unattractive man could somehow get such a beautiful woman? It really doesn't make sense to her, but perhaps it's what Ruby likes on the inside.

Aurora speaks up, introducing herself also, "I'm Aurora." She says, "And I'm Dave." Dave says from beside Aurora, smiling over to Ruby. "Nice to meet you guys, now is there anything specific you guys are looking for?" Ruby asks, "We're just looking for costumes." Dave answers. "Single or couple?" Ruby asks, and just as Dave was about to speak up, Ruby begins to talk again, "I've got the perfect costume for the two of you, just follow me." Ruby says, smiling eagerly, before turning around and walking down the long aisle. Dave and Aurora following behind her, puzzled, all while Daniel is slowly making his way to the counter.

Ruby abruptly stops, flicking through the 'Couples' section. "Now we have this set..." Ruby says as she holds up a pair, purely just a long black dress in one clear bag, and the other a tuxedo with thin white stripes, a hand attached to the shoulder. Aurora stares at the two costumes blankly, and so does Dave, the two of them both unsure what the costumes are supposed to be. "Addams Family." Ruby says, "Do you not know of them?" She then asks, and the two both shake their head 'No'. Ruby sighs and continues to look through the sets of costumes.