Chapter Thirty

SEATTLE, WA. January 18th, 1991.

Ever since January 1st, Dave, Kurt and Krist have been practicing their songs nonstop, everyday, and plan on doing so for the next few months until they decide on a record label to sign with.

Today, Nirvana has a gig, but before all the madness occurs, Aurora and Dave take a stroll to a nearby park, something they do regularly when Aurora isn't working in the record store or Dave isn't practicing with Kurt and Krist.

Aurora breaths in the cool air, sitting down with Dave on a park bench as their hands stay entwined.

They sit their in silence for a few minutes and Aurora can tell that Dave is somewhat tense.

"Rora, I was wondering if you would mind if I went Los Angeles with some old friends?" Dave asks, obviously nervous of her answer, since he cares so much of her opinion.

Aurora trusts Dave, she knows that he wouldn't do anything bad, he'd be responsible.

"I wouldn't mind, if anything you deserve it with how hard you've been working on the new album." Aurora states, smiling over to Dave.

Dave smiles, instantly feeling relieved.

"You could come with us if you like?" Dave asks Aurora, and she immediately tenses up, just like Dave was moments ago.

As much as Aurora would like to go on a trip with Dave, it breaks her heart to tell Dave that she's found a job that she thinks she could genuinely enjoy and benefit from.

It breaks her heart because she'll be away from him even more, perhaps before the tour even starts.

"Hey, what's up?" Dave asks Aurora, slightly worried.

"I figured out a job I want to do." Aurora states, and Dave's face instantly lights up, but drops when he sees Aurora's facial expression hasn't changed. "I-Id don't get it." Dave says, "You've been hung over this for months, and you're not happy?" Dave then asks.

"I want to be a teacher." Aurora states, "And because I never graduated, it means I'll have to do another test so then I'm eligible to study teaching." Aurora says.

Dave sits back in his chair, staring out ahead of him.

"I'll be studying and taking tests for years, Dave." Aurora states, "And if all works out I could be a teacher." She then says, with a small smile on her face as she imagines all the hard work being with it.

Dave wasn't the greatest student, school didn't appeal to him, but for Aurora, school being taken away from her makes her want to go back, and then give children a good education.

Aurora watches as Dave stares blankly ahead of him.

Not only will Dave be on tour, Aurora will be studying to become a teacher, leaving next to no time to meet up or perhaps even call due to time zones.

"I'm sorry." Aurora says, "If it's what you want to do, then by all means do it, I can't stop you." Dave says, finally looking over to Aurora, but she can tell he's saddened by the news Aurora has given him.

"Let's not worry about the future, let's live in the moment." Aurora states, hugging Dave. "We're going to be fine." Aurora says, her arms still wrapped around Dave's neck.

"I love you." Dave says, his voice trembling slightly, "So much." He then adds.

"I love you to the moon and back." Aurora says.

Studying to be a teacher would take approximately 4 years in college, and then she would be even more busy when she is officially a teacher.

With Dave being on tour, this means that it'll leave hardly any time for the two to communicate, which is critical in a relationship.

Will the separation be the downfall of their relationship?

Aurora and Dave are taking different paths, but this doesn't mean they don't love each other.

Is love strong enough to pull the two together?

Or will the distance between Aurora and Dave be so bad that one of them will change their path just so they can be together?

Currently, everything to Aurora and Dave feels so complicated and unclear, though it's not for another few months that everything begins to get much more complex, and for two young adults, will they be able to handle what is coming?